11 - What a ride

"I noticed that you have not spoken much since we're here

"I noticed that you have not spoken much since we're here." A voice said behind me. His voice was so alluring, so enchanting. It was perfect to lure and then kill his prey. It was my death.

"Ah, you're being childish, I see." Loki said, groaning a little, while sitting down next to me. Days of sleeping on the floor weren't exactly supporting our backs. Adding to this, Loki was still wearing the shackles. There was this moment of silence between us, comforting and at the same time extremely alarming. Then he broke it.

"I miss Frigga."

"I only knew her for a few days but I know that she was a wonderful woman." I whispered. I wasn't quite sure why he suddenly cared to speak to me or talk to me about his feelings. That wasn't exactly Loki-like.

"How was your mother?" He asked, his voice soft. His sincerity was strange and my gut told me something was wrong but I pushed all logical thoughts and gut feelings away and closed my eyes.

"I don't really remember her." I answered, my voice still in a whisper.

"I can only remember crying days and nights about her death. Then again it was for nothing. She didn't come back, neither did it bring my memories back, and neither made it any easier for me. At one point my tears weren't enough and I stopped crying. I accepted my fate. I was born a country, not a girl. My whole life is decided to what is best for the people that I don't even know."

"I-I understand how you must be feeling."

"Really? Because from what I've heard you had some fun on Midgard." I explained with a certain undertone to it.

"Because Odin gave the throne to that oaf of a brother I have!" He shouted.

"That's no reason to just take a throne!"

"Why did I even try to be nice?! You're like all the other girls I've met! A stupid, weak, and Thor-loving mewling quim!"

"Is that all? If so, you can be certain that you are like no man I've ever met. You're worse." I responded calmly. I was upset that he had dared talked to me in that tone but I knew he would take pleasure in seeing me angry. He would only savour my furrowed brows, my raised voice and my downturned mouth.

"You are an egoistic, arrogant, selfish, annoying, sarcastic, self-absorbed, opinionated, hypocritical orphan!"

"Don't say that again." Loki growled. He came closer while I backed away until I was nearly falling down the edge of the ship. He was menacing, his eyes burning with rage and his posture waiting for me to make a move, so he could attack.

I only noticed his chest pressed heavily against mine when it was too late. His hands grabbed my hips tightly to prevent me from escaping and his breath mixed with mine. I didn't feel any fear, though I was nervous. What would he do? Where was Thor anyway?

"You drive me crazy." Loki breathed out. Then he let go. The air that I was holding in escaped my lungs and neither one of us said something. Something was wrong. My thoughts about him were wrong.

It was impossible for me to think what I was thinking, he could not trigger this attraction in me after how he treated me. How he treated everyone. And I barely knew him. He couldn't be as nice as he was after all I've heard. I didn't want to judge but his actions said all. I tried desperately to find an explanation for what was going on in my head, yet I didn't find one. And still my gut was telling me that he had some sort of twisted plan. After spending so many hours being confused by his constantly changing behaviour, I decided he was nice to me because he had back thoughts. Loki, the God of mischief wouldn't be nice to me without a reason.

"What are you hiding?" I whispered, piercing him (or hoping to) with my gaze. Apparently whispering was all I was able to do today. His baby blue orbs stared into mine, his expression unreadable to me. He opened his mouth ready to tell me god knows what but was interrupted.

"Leah? Loki? Here you are. I was looking for you." As if we did something wrong, we backed away from each other. Both of us snapped out of our trance and I put on my smiling mask.

"How is Jane?" I asked.

"She's sleeping. I fear she's getting weaker per minute. We have to get to our destination soon."

"Don't fuss." Loki commented, rolling his eyes. 

"It's just a couple of days. She'll survive."

"You're very empathetic. Did someone ever tell you that?" I asked sarcastically. Loki made a thinking face and replied.

"Someone once told me I was incapable of sincerity. Does that count?" I chuckled. He was a true masterpiece. And a murderer. I stopped chuckling. I shouldn't be so comfortable around him. Seriously, since I met him I was nothing more than a pregnant whale. He made my mood go up and down like fricking waves.

"What is it? Big, strong princess isn't supposed to laugh?" Loki asked, rolling his eyes. He wasn't completely wrong. I didn't laugh a lot. But I had my reasons.

"I shouldn't be laughing with someone that killed hundreds of people just because they were mortal." I retorted.

"Ah. Well, then I guess you shouldn't be in the presence of one either." With that he stood up and left. Along with him left my confidence. I did want to get to know him first and not judge him. Guilt built up in me. He was just so damn complicated! Or maybe I was the complicated one...

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"I wanted to protect you from the t r u t h."

"W-W-What because I-I am the m o n s t e r parents tell their children about at night?"