8 - Wedding

A/N This'll be short because I have no idea how a wedding functions. Creative title, I know.

He had turned to me now and was probably waiting for my reaction. Crying and throwing a fit was the thing I would have loved to do, if it weren't for all the guards and Odin and Thor around me. And I could not forget what I was. A princess. A queen. (A Kaleehsi) (A/N I had to sorry xD) So instead of breaking down, falling onto my knees and wailing like a crybaby, I held my head high and banished all emotions off my face.

"As you wish. " I said coldly but still respectfully. He only wanted this alliance because he knew there was a war to come and he needed more troops. I knew that and I was ready. Well, as ready as someone can be in this situation. He wouldn't have done the same for me. I knew that. But I badly wanted to believe something good would come back for me in return. Selfish, I know.

Nervously I took a deep breath. I was standing in a white, simple, yet beautiful, wedding gown, in front of the gates that would lead me inside the big throne room. Sif had told me that Loki was going to be there, too, since he was still Thor's brother, and for some kind of reason it made me even more nervous. Loki always spiked some feelings inside of me, even though I didn't know him that long.

Knowing this, made me scared, but I had other things to worry about. Like marrying someone in a few minutes without even loving him. I know I said I was ready. Truth is, I wasn't.

"Ready, princess?" Odin asked. My father wasn't able to come, so Odin would walk me to the altar. My own dad couldn't find the time to come to his daughter's wedding.

"Leah?"

"Uhm, yes. I'm sorry. I'm ready." I hooked my arm with his. The giant doors opened and we walked in. Odin took the first few steps with me but after a while he just let me go and stopped. That's when I panicked.

At the corner of my eyes I saw everyone look at me expectantly, after I had stopped, too. Thousands of stranger surrounded me, Sif, Fandral and everyone else. It took me a moment to find Loki standing in the shadows, though as I did, I saw his expression full of betrayal. I didn't know why he felt betrayed, maybe because he was an outcast? Right now there was no reason for him. I furrowed my brows and looked forward.

Thor was standing on a raised plattform with his complete attire. His red cape almost touched the floor and his hammer rested in his hand. He was staring at me, just not in a romantic way. More like in a why-the-hell-are-you-not-moving?!-way. Then I realised, I was still just standing there like some idiot. I put a slight smile on my face and walked forward. The ceremony continued normally and at the end of the day I was Thor's wife, future-queen of Asgard, and as devastated as if I was Kirk watching Spock die. I retreated to my room while Thor stayed with his friends. Celebrating just to have an excuse to drink really. Loki was brought back to his prison but before he had been able to say one sentence to me which made me smile truly for a second.
"You look stunning."

Another A/N: I just decided that I'm gonna leave some things out that are not really important for the main storyline. Like some scenes where she gets to know Sif or/and etc. better. It'd be just like a deleted scene in a movie and I wanted to ask if you want me to do a book with one shots that contain these scenes in it. Only after I finished this though.

Penny for your thoughts?