7 - Fight

When I arrived at the throne room, Thor as well as the Warriors Three and Sif were present. Before I had the chance to actually speak to Odin a servant had come into the room and informed us about all the prisoners breaking free. And since then? Everything was pure chaos. I didn't know how to feel, maybe scared? Probably, but all I felt was confusion and a curiousness creeping up inside of me. How did the prisoners break free? As much as I knew Asgard had one of the most safest jails. The worst criminals were locked up here. And they were free.

"Leah, go! You have to hide!" Thor shouted at me over the screams of the palace inhabitants.

"No! I want to help!" I shook my head. Never in a million years would I run away like a coward.

"You ca-"

"Just let her. C'mon, we have to go to the dungeons!" Fandral interrupted Thor. I smiled at him as a thank you and he nodded back. Thankfully Thor didn't argue any more and pushed a dagger into my hand.

"I hope you know how to defend yourself."

"Of course. Please tell me your not a-"

"Okay, okay I got it. I'm sorry."

"You should be."

"We don't have the time for this now." Sif said, looking each of us in the eyes. We nodded ashamed and then ran towards the dungeons. I was to marry Thor but I secretly hoped this would at least delay it.

I could barely accept him as a friend, how would I deal with him being my husband? Anyway, I had other things to worry about.

Looking for a not - so - strong - looking prisoner, I grabbed the dagger harder. Yes, I know, I said I could defend myself but that didn't mean I was some kind of warrior. I only knew the basics.

"Leah, watch out!" Someone shouted. My attention snapped to the prisoner I was going to attack, who was now advancing towards me with speed and a murderous expression on his face. Quickly I kicked him in the gut and sliced his cheek before he was able do anything.

Then I was attacked again and I dodged. This time Fandral did the rest, so I didn't have to do anything. Instead, I looked for Loki's cell, checking if he escaped. He was one of the high class criminals. Dangerous. Or so I was told. Everything I knew about him yet was his clever choice of words and the mischief he liked to cause. He liked to get into someone's mind, not fight them physically if possible. I admit, no good traits but no evil ones either. And dangerous even less. Even though I was sure that his words were more dangerous than any blade. More effective and lasting than wounds. He had been nice to me, comforted me. But I wasn't sure, if I could trust him. Maybe he was just playing me.

"Ah, so you've come to look after me. Keep in check that the monster is still in his cage. " Loki said in a mocking tone when I reached his cell. So, rude it was. If he thought he would affect me in any way. then he was wrong. Luckily he wasn't freed.

"Don't want more deaths than we already have."

"Since when do Odin and Thor care for my life? "

"Oh I didn't mean your life. I meant the lives you would take. " I replied waiting for his reaction. It wasn't like I had expected him to. I had expected some kind of anger or annoyance or something of that kind but all he did was chuckle.

"Of course, my mistake." He responded, gesturing with his hands to emphasize his words.

"But let's talk less about me and more about you. What are you doing? Cowering in fear, hiding, waiting until the "fight" is over? Standing here, not helping at all, are you? Where is your caring lover?"