6 - Control

It had been a day. Loki was back in his prison. I was in my room. Confused. Helpless. Were my parents even my parents? I mean, where did the magic come from? I had to see Loki. Maybe he knew something. Just as I was about to leave my room, Thor walked into me. I hadn't seen him since he had given me the task to look after Loki and I was honestly happy about that. Something about him just upset me, maybe his loud way of talking or the way he carried himself. I would never accept that this guy was to be my husband.

Then it came to me. What if...? No, I couldn't tell Odin of my powers, just so he'd cancel the wedding. It was selfish and probably a bad idea, considering I would be sent home and confronted with my father. Yet another selfish reason but also a good side to the marriage. Never seeing my father again. Never hearing how much of a disappointment I am again.

"Leah? Leah!" I suddenly heard Thor's voice, snapping me back to reality. I totally forgot about his presence (yes, even though he's a giant and likes to be heard, he's very forgettable).

"Huh? I'm sorry, I was going to look after Loki. You know, checking if he's causing any trouble." Actually just wanting to check if he knew anything about, you know, the freaky thing.

"Oh, that won't be necessary anymore. But thank you for putting up with him. I know he can be a handful. When we were children, he transformed into a snake and when I went to pick him up..." I drifted off, not really caring to listen to him. I should probably be nicer but I just really couldn't stand him. Though the not being able to talk to Loki alone was a problem.

"I'm sorry my prince but what exactly did you want of me?" I interrupted his now full out ranting about his childhood.

"I only wanted to tell you that you're free to do anything you want and Loki is taken care of. I also wanted to dearly thank you for looking after him. Ah, and Odin wanted to see you later. "

"Okay, thank you. " With that he walked away. Finally. Well, who needed Loki anyway? I could figure this out by myself. Quietly I slipped into the library, which was not surprisingly empty. Perfect. I guess the only people who ever came around here were Loki and his mother and well. Loki was kind of occupied. I picked a random book out of the shelves, hoping it wasn't as expensive as it looked and I wouldn't destroy it. I sat on the floor cross cross and put the book in front of me. I've seen enough midgardian movies where the hero controlled his power by concentrating. I did exactly that. Nothing. Not even a millimeter. I sighed and pushed a strand of hair out of my face. Okay, another try. Maybe I wasn't trying hard enough. Okay no, concentration was definitely not the right way.

At least 3 hours passed, my patience began to fade and frustration made its way into my body. Why wouldn't the goddamn book move?! Stupid powers, stupid Asgard, stupid Loki, stupid marriage, argh! Suddenly the book in front of me clapped open and the pages ripped off. No, no, no, no, no, I wanted to move it, not rip it apart. Wait. I got upset and something happened. Emotions were the key to controlling my power. Or at least trigger it. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

I thought about the only good memory I had with my father. It was at a ball, society forced us to dance together. The dance was slow and gentle and I don't think I ever saw my father smile at me like he did then. He was truly happy and didn't throw at me how disappointed he was. I heard a whoosh of air and slowly opened my eyes. The book was floating in front of me with the few pages it still had. I tried levitating it into the shelf but instead it fell. Oh s*it! Odin wanted to see me. I totally forgot. Quickly I messily collected the pages lying around and put them into the book, before putting it completely away. As quiet as possible I stormed out of the library, towards the throne room.

A/N Hey, guys! I'm sorry that I've been lacking updates for such a long time. The chapters I'm publishing right now are kind of short but they'll get longer as soon as I get back to the real storyline. I've rewritten this book now with the information I wanted to have from the beginning but forgot to add. So here it is. What do you think about her powers?