17 - Arrival

Sometimes it's too late. You're oblivious at first but then the realisation comes. You regret not having known better. Now I know better. We had arrived at Svartalfheim and only now I became aware of the happenings. We were about to fight the dark elves. I didn't know, if Thor had a plan or, if there actually was one. Was there a plan? I would like to know it, if so. But it didn't look like Thor was about to make a move. All the time he had been overly eager to kill and avenge and save Jane. Now that he had the chance, he wasn't having any of it. Like a barking dog.

Loki and I had spent a little too much time together the last few days, Jane was as much as I liked her boring and I didn't exactly enjoy the few conversations I had with Thor. He was just so...dull. I don't know. My point is, I was bored. So I decided to train. Somehow I needed to be of use and if I couldn't fight, what use would I have been? And maybe I could let some of that frustration I had built up over the years of living with my father out, too...

"Oh, Lokiii!" I shouted. A smirk played around my lips as I searched for him. When I turned the corner, I ran straight into him. Not even caring anymore, I put on my most innocent face and looked up at one of the probably most handsome men I've ever seen. What a waste that his personality was fugly. Time to get revenge.

"I was thinking...maybe some training would be good"

"Good idea." He said and tried walking past me.

"Would you assist me?"

"Look. I really don't have time for this." He tried to make up an excuse. I just gave him the you-really-think-so look.

"Oh yeah? And what exactly are you doing?" I could see the slight twitch in his right eye, before he exhaled deeply and sighed.

"Fine." Next thing I know, I was throwing a fist at Loki. So satis- He caught me by my wrist.

"You didn't think I was that kind of stupid, did you? You'll have to do a lot more to trick me. I'm the God of mischief after all." He gave me one of his signature smirks and threw a punch at me. I barely dodged it.

"I wasn't ready!"

"Your opponent won't wait for you to get ready!" And then he tried to attack me again. I ducked but he kicked my stomach.

"You fight even worse than a mortal." I frowned. That shouldn't be an insult. With a battle cry I flung myself into him. He went off balance until he eventually fell, me on top. My hands closed lightly around his throat and I smirked down at him.

"I won." Something in his green eyes shimmered and suddenly we had changed positions.

"I would rephrase that sentence, princess." Gods, how I hated that title.

"Don't call me princess, son of Odin." I hissed. He grimaced but soon his sour expression turned into a smile. Somehow seeing his cute dimples, made me smile, too. His smile, so rarely seen, was beautiful. I wish I had seen it more often. A comfortable silence came upon us, where we gazed into each other's eyes. He looked happier than when I met him. I didn't exactly understand why, we only ever bickered, but it had kind of become our thing. Maybe I was fonder of him than I cared to admit.

"You know" Loki began, ripping me out of my thoughts and his green sea of forest that rested in his orbs.

"There are some things that we could do that come to my mind." He pointed at our position. I felt the heat rise up in my cheeks and I pushed at his chest. He didn't budge and instead I got the opportunity to get a better idea of his abs. He didn't look like it but under these clothes were some impressing muscles.

"Like what you feel?" The blush increased. I was sure I looked like a tomato by now. Did I miss something? When did he become some horny animal?

"Yeah, you're imagining things now. Could you please get off me, your highness?" I asked with sarcasm dripping in my voice. Honestly, it was just there to cover my embarrassment. Loki chuckled in respond. He stood up, reached his hand out to me and pulled me up. The force was strong enough that I stumbled against him and before I could think my lips were on his and my hands were in his hair. I don't know what had controlled me in that moment but I liked it. A lot.

His hands rested on my waist until he pulled me closer and deepened the kiss. My eyes were closed. I savoured the feeling of his soft lips pressed against mine, the warmth radiating from his body. Soon I was out of breath but Loki didn't stop. His lips wandered to my neck, where he sucked and bit at my skin. At first I felt uncomfortable but Loki was an expert. The way his hands stroked my arms and his lips moved over the sensitive part of my neck was overwhelming. A moan left my mouth. That's when I realised what we were doing and I pushed him away. His eyes were still clouded with lust but as soon as he came to his senses, something cold overtook his features.

"Leah, Loki-" Thor stopped.

"Did I- did I interrupt something?"

"No." Loki responded in a monotone tone that scared the crap out of me.

"Okay, uh... We are going to make a move on the elves. Now."

Apologising because I only ever wrote a kiss scene once and yeah...kind of desperate because I don't know how to get something going between those two. If anyone has suggestions for any kind of scenes, feel free to message me by the way :3