14 - Nightmares

Loki laughed.

"You are too easy."

"What?" He rolled his eyes and sighed over-dramatically.

"I thought, after all this fighting, that you would be harder to break. But in the end you were even easier than all the others."

"What are you talking about?" He laughed again in a way that sent chills all over my body. The bad kind of chills.

"I'm manipulative. Evil. A monster. I say a few words, throw you a sad look and you think I'm misunderstood. You think there is a good spark in me, that I can be saved. C'mon. How ridiculous." H-He had played me? It was all an act?

"You still don't believe me? LOOK AT ME!" He shouted.

"DO I LOOK INNOCENT?! DO I LOOK LIKE I FEEL GUILTY?" He came closer and closer and my heart beat increased. Then he slapped me. With such a force that I fell to the floor and suddenly found myself in a deserted place. I had no memory of how I got here or where I was. Out of nowhere a big ship, like the one from the dark elves, appeared. And no surprise, dark elves walked out of it, heading in my direction. At the front was Malekith. They all followed him like lost puppies. Strangely I wasn't afraid. He seemed determined, though he would have already killed me if he wanted. He was standing right in front of me, not doing anything.

"Uhm..."

"Leah. "

"Yes, how do you know my name?" He didn't respond. Instead he pulled out a dagger. He knelt down and held it above his head as if he wanted to give it to me. That alone was already strange but then the army behind him knelt down, too. I looked at him confused.

"Why-"

And then I woke up. I was breathing heavily. I had no idea what had happened. Why did I dream of Malekith? What had actually happened yesterday? And then the memories started coming back to me. Loki and I were sat staring at each other. At some point his eyes had wandered to my lips and my thoughts were filled up thinking of how good he smelled. It was ridiculous, really. But for some reason I couldn't help it. In his presence I didn't seem to have control of my body. He was an asshole but he was handsome and he did have humour. A twisted, weird one but also a funny one. His unnecessary comments and inappropriate sarcasm never failed to make me laugh. Oh what am I thinking here. After Loki and I had sat in silence for what felt like an eternity, I had become tired and started yawning. Loki made fun of me, I rolled my eyes and fell asleep on the floor. Thinking about it, I was still laying on the floor alone. Loki must have gone to bed. My back hurt from the hard floor. I stood up stretching a bit. My hair was a complete mess and I was still wearing the clothes from yesterday. I didn't bother making myself look presentable and decided to look after Jane. When I reached her, I saw Thor sleeping at the edge of her bed as if he had watched over her the whole night. I chose not to wake him. A little further away Loki was sitting in a corner. I hadn't noticed him until he threw me a slight smirk.

"You do know watching people sleep is creepy? That's another level of being weird." I said quietly so I wouldn't wake up Thor and Jane.

"You do know looking this pretty is illegal?" Wait, what. I had not expected that.

"Don't get all flattered, I was just joking. You look like you slept on the floor."

"Maybe because I did, Captain Obvious." I explained, chuckling.  Loki cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Do you want to get out of here? I can't stand the presence of these love - sick idiots for too long."

"But you can stand mine?"

"You're fun to tease. So, yes or no? I will be going anyway."

"Sure." With that I found myself standing on the outside of the ship back again. It was still early and quiet chilly. I wrapped my arms around myself but it didn't really help.

"Are you cold?"

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Come here." He spread his arms, indicating for me to come closer. I looked at him as if he was crazy and he rolled his eyes and pulled me into his arms.

"Better?" And it actually was. His body sent off warmth and his chest was quiet comfortable. Maybe I should make him hug me more often. He stared into the sunset. His face was peaceful and he closed his eyes for a moment.

"Thank you. Sometimes you're not too bad. You are allowed to hug me more often by the way" Loki smiled but I knew he was trying not to show any emotion.

"Already falling for me, your highness?"

"What? In your dreams." Loki looked down at me, turning me around in his arms.

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely."

"What a shame." Suddenly he was only inches away from me. His hot breath hit my face and he looked down at my lips. My heartbeat quickened. Why was he suddenly flirting with me this much?!

"These lips look delicious." I broke away from him.

"Okay, stop."

"Stop what?" His eyes had a gleam of mischief in them and I shook my head in disbelief.

"Stop flirting with me! I already told you! You have to decide whether to be nice to me or not!"

"So what if I was nice to you?"

"Then I'd know you're planning something." Loki laughed sarcastically.

"What you're saying is no matter what I do, I'll always be the villain for you?" I stopped for a moment. He was right. I was behaving unfair. Yes, he had teased me more than usually the last few days but that's what it was. Teasing. Nothing more. Loki hadn't had an outburst of anger towards me for a while now. And he didn't seem like he was planning anything either. I was being paranoid and judging. But all the flirting and teasing was driving me crazy. I had only had a crush once. When I was a teenager and he was my best friend. I had known him for years. I had known Loki for maybe a month now and whatever I was feeling, I couldn't for sure say it was a crush. I just -, I didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry. You don't deserve this. I'm just trying to figure you out. What made you attack Midgard?" I asked with force and took a step towards him.

"I can't tell." He pressed his lips together and he genuinely looked like he wanted to tell me.

"It's okay... Do you want to talk about something else? You have to help me, if you want me to see you as someone else. I need to understand you." This was the beginning of Loki starting talking about his feelings to me. I finally started seeing Loki. The one who used to play pranks on his older brother and lived under pressure caused by his father constantly. I hadn't expected Loki to pour his heart out to me but I was grateful. At least we had something in common. We both hated our fathers.