Chapter 3

Bellamy was looking for something to watch on TV as Clarke came through the door.

"Here's some food, gonna get changed, be right back" she said as the dropped the bag on the coffee table.

Octavia sat in the recliner with her food container in her lap, watching whatever was on history that Bellamy chose.

Clarke got changed into purple plaid pajama pants and a light purple tank top, she looked in the mirror, her cheek a dark purple and the corner of her eye slightly swollen. She shook her head thinking of Bellamy's hand and what the guy must look like.

She threw her hair up in a loose pony tail and headed to the kitchen, opened the freezer grabbed two bags of frozen veggies and two dish towels. She wrapped each bag in a towel, holding one to her face lightly and walking into the living room.

Bellamy looked up at her as she came in, She could see the regret in his eyes. She smiled gently and sat next to him.

"Let me see your hand" she said placing her makeshift ice pack on the table. He placed his hand in hers. She heard his sharp intake of breath as she put some pressure on the ice pack. 'You always have to be the protector, getting yourself hurt in the process' She used the towel to tie it around his hand. His hand still layed flat in hers as she placed her other one over the ice pack, her eyes met his.

"Thank You Bellamy" His concerned eyes moved to her bruised face, 'how could I let that happen to her' she sighed spoke again

"Stop don't look at me like that, it could've been alot worse." She felt his hand come to her face, he ran his thumb over her bruised cheek.

"It's bad enough" he replied with a disappointing sigh, she reached up and took his hand in hers.

"I'll be fine, stop fussing over me, your letting dinner get cold" she smirked turning to the food, handing him a container and grabbing one for herself.

Octavia clearing her throat bringing their attention to her.

"Just wanted to make sure everyone knew I was still here, and trying to keep my food down while listening to you two" she said smirking at them.

"Nice O" Bellamy said, while Clarke stuck her tongue out at her. They settled in there seats to watch TV.

The roman empire finally fell and Octavia and Clarke were happy about it.

"Octavia pick a good movie and I'll clean up quick" Clarke spoke picking up containers and wiping the table down.

"How about 'The Lucky One'?" Octavia asked.

"Perfect" Clarke answered as Bellamy groaned.

"Hush it, who doesn't love romance?" Clarke said poking him in the side as she sat next to him.

"Me, real life doesn't work like these fairytales" he responded.

"It will when it's the right person" Octavia jumped in.

" You two are hopeless" he said shaking his head.

He leaned back on the couch with his arm across the back, Clarke leaned back with her head on his shoulder. The smell of her coconut shampoo surrounding him. He shifted pulling her closer. He didn't realize he was holding his breath till she snuggled closer and he sighed in relief that she didn't pull away. They sat comfortably watching the movie. Vibration on the arm of the couch caught Bellamy's attention, Clarke's phone was the source, he nudged her handing it over.

Clarke unlocked her phone

* 1 new message* Flashed across the center.

Bellamy watched her click it. 'Of course it would be him'