Chapter 8

Bellamy laid awake for awhile. He listened to Raven and Octavia cleaning and talking downstairs. He thought about Clarke clinging to him, about her body being so warm, her legs rubbing against his every now and then, He started to shift uncomfortably. 'Stop! don't go there, you are gonna make it awkward! she just got beat up idiot, you are only friends, focus' He smirked at scolding himself mentally, nothing could stop the thoughts but he could try and hold them off to a later date.

He felt her arms tighten around him drawing his attention to her face. She started to shake her head, obviously dreaming she spoke,

"Stop, please stop" Bellamy rubbed her neck trying to soothe what was bothering her.

"Bellamy, no, please, you can't let him take me" her voice came as a panic.

"Enough, Princess!" Bellamy said shaking her lightly. He couldn't bare to hear it.

He felt her arms loosen up a little.

"Come on, open your eyes, look at me, You are safe, I'm right here" Bellamy's voice was a low whisper.

He studied her face, slowly her eyes opened to meet his.

"There you are, beautiful as ever."

"Bellamy, don't be a suck up, we have a mirror" she laughed, he couldn't help but smirk. She really did look like hell, but she would always be beautiful to him.

She ran her leg up his stretching out. Smirking when she got high enough to feel his body react against hers. He saw her blush knowing she felt him.

"Listen friends or not, you keep rubbing up and down on me like that and we are gonna have a problem" He said poking her side.

"It sucks doesn't it?" she asked

"What sucks?"

"Having a hot best friend" she smiled.

"If anyone would know its you" he said mirroring her.

"oh, ego much?" she laughed

"yeah, must be contagious" he said stretching and throwing the blankets back.

She tried to sit up, the pain in the ribs instantaneously brought tears to her eyes.

"Easy, just lay there a minute, I want to look and see how bad it is, I can wrap your ribs to take pressure off them, if that's what's bothering you"

She nodded, sinking back into the bed. She watched him put his pants on and walk out to the bathroom. 'God this bed smells good' she inhaled , her face in the pillow.

"Do you normally smell my bed?" he asked clearly amused.

"That was quick" she changed the topic completely.

"Alright princess, let me see" he pulled the blankets down to her thighs. She felt her skin tingle when his fingers grazed her legs. 'For the love of God, I need to get laid, this is ridiculous'

Her eyes watched his every move, she was watching him study her body as he lifted her shirt slowly, his eyes traced every bruise, she could see his face change from anger, to pain, to concern.

His hand ran from the edge of her underwear pressing lightly up her stomach and along her rib cage, she winced at the light pressure.

"Sorry" he muttered, he eyes shot to her face as he heard her small gasp.

His strong hand ran up and down her rib cage feeling her ribs lightly.

"Put you hands above your head, so I can feel along your sides" he said.