Chapter 6

Once they arrived they joined Cage and his friends on the beach.

"Hey sweetie" Cage greeted kissing Clarke, She flinched returning the kiss, her lips still felt bruised from yesterday. She sat in the sand with Octavia, Bellamy shook Cage's hand before sitting next to Clarke.

"Nice sweatshirt" Bellamy whispered.

" Thanks" her smile fell hearing Cage clear his throat.

"Lets go for a swim quick, before it gets dark" Cage suggested. Octavia's eyes met Clarke's in a hurry.

Clarke stood taking her pants and shirts off. She was trying to angle herself away from Bellamy, Without thinking she put her hair up. A sharp intake of breath caught her attention. Before she could turn, she felt his fingers on her bruised neck. He was extremely silent, she was afraid to look at him.

"Who the fuck did that to you?" Bellamy's voice was so loud and demanding that she jumped in surprise.

"Some guy, as I was leaving the bar last night, no big deal, I handled it" she said turning towards him. "God Clarke, look at your arm. Why didn't you call me? you should have at least woke me up and told me." As he spoke she could see him clenching his jaw.

"I'm sorry Bellamy, but I'm not a little kid and I don't need protecting. I handled it, I'm not your concern" she stated fiercely pulling her arm out of his grasp. 'Don't back down, you need to do this'

" You are my concern Clarke." he said matching her tone evenly.

"Bellamy, we all have seen you protect me, I'm better off on my own" she snapped. Anger flashed in his eyes. Octavia turned looking at her like she was crazy.

"Right, well I see you did a great job on your own" he said motioning to her arm.

Octavia stepped in between them.

"Clarke, lets just go home, this isn't the place for this" she said in a low voice.

"You go O, and take Bellamy with you" Clarke responded, she could see the hurt in Octavia's eyes.

"Clarke, what the hell are you doing? we are practically family, let's go, you need to talk to us, more specifically Bellamy"

"Your wrong, I don't need to talk to you, I have plenty of friends here I can talk to, and Bellamy could care less"

"She's right O, let's go, I could care less, She's obviously got it under control, If she doesn't deem it worth her time to talk to me then she's not worth my time" Bellamy's words cut straight through Clarke, Her eyes burning. ' Walk away before you cry'

"Clarke, please" Octavia pleaded her eyes tearing up too as Bellamy walked away to the car.

"I'm sorry" Clarke's voice was a whisper, she turned walking over to Cage and leaving Octavia standing there.

The rest of the night she sat on the log next to Cage drawing design's in the sand with a stick.

' They didn't deserve that, Bellamy's never going to talk to me again, might even be a stretch if Octavia does'

Clarke just wanted to go home...not that it was going to feel like home anymore.

...

Across town Bellamy pulled in to Arkadia.

"Stay Here O" he said before getting out.

He went in search of Trent finding him in the security office. Before Trent could say hello Bellamy flew off the handle.

"Who was here last night? Clarke got fucking attacked in the parking lot and no one could stop it, shes bruised all over the fucking place!"

"Hello to you too, and I was here last night, I walked her to her car and watched her leave, no one was near her, she was kinda off last night, running on auto pilot, she didn't smile, didn't really talk, Wore a long sleeve shirt, the sweat was pouring off of her, when I asked her she just said she was cold, I figured maybe she was getting the flu or sweating out a hangover"