Chapter 9

Clarke just finished her makeup and hair, not even a ton of makeup could hide the bruises. She opened the door to join everyone for breakfast.

"Bellamy, you okay?" She asked seeing him leaning against the wall next to her door.

"I was just thinking, about us, just now in my bed, Did I cross a line? I know we do alot of teasing and joking around, but we are careful to not cross the line. I know I shouldn't have been working you up after yesterday, part of me thought if I could keep you distracted I could protect you from it, now I'm afraid I fucked it up. I just wanted to show you not everyone is going to treat you like that"

She looked at him, taking in his stance and the way he was fidgeting, he wouldn't meet her eyes. She heard him sigh bringing her out of her thoughts.

She took him by the hand,

"Bell, look at me, If it was too much I would have said something, I know not everyone is like Cage. The distraction worked, but you don't need to go above and beyond, you being around is enough, plus you show me everyday what I mean to you. I can't avoid it forever, I have to face it, to get past it. You are my best friend and as long as I have you by my side, I will get past anything. You didn't cross the line."

"You're sure?" He asked, his eyes studying her face.

" I'm sure, I feel like I failed you if you think thats the only way to make me feel better, obviously it makes you second guess yourself"

Bellamy tensed.

" Wait a second, I wasn't second guessing myself, you are gorgeous and if I thought I had the will power and the control I would need to keep from being jealous, I would suggest friends with benefits" he gave her a cocky grin.

"You don't control your jealousy now, I just want you to know that what we have is perfect, you don't have to change anything, no matter what I will always feel safe with you" Clarke said squeezing his arm.

He kissed her cheek lightly,

"You are one to talk on the jealousy bit" he said in a matter of fact tone.

"Wouldn't want someone to take you half way across the country" she smiled.

"Not a chance" he answered offering his arm to assist her down the stairs.

They ate breakfast before getting in Raven's car and heading for the police station.

...

Clarke didn't think it would be that bad, they were half way there and she suddenly felt a wave of nausea hit.

Bellamy watched her intently, she would get lost in thought, rub the top of her legs, tap her fingers, then be lost in thought again.

He reached out putting his hand on top of hers, he could feel her shaking under him. He gave her hand a squeeze drawing her attention to him.

"It's gonna be okay, I promise" he whispered. She just nodded in response, turning her attention back out the window.

Once they arrived and parked Raven and Octavia went in to fill out statements. Clarke was suddenly frozen, the thought of getting out of the car was impossible.

Bellamy sat beside her, rubbing the back of her hand in silence, he refused to rush her, he knew she was working through it in her mind.

She opened her door, Bellamy opened his letting go of her hand, the second he got out and turned the corner of the car he saw her stand up and bend over. Her one hand pulling her hair back as she started to throw up. He came up behind her replacing her hand with his. She handed him a hair tie off her wrist and he gently pulled her hair back in it, letting his hand rest on her back. She stood grabbing her water, took a sip and rinsed her mouth out. She turned looking at him as she popped gum in her mouth.