Savior (Teen!Sam x Reader)

I'm sorry for missing yesterday's update! I was in a place with no internet, so I was unable to update. . . Sorry!  

(Edit: I forgot to add years ago that this story was inspired by the song "Savior" by Black Veil Brides).

- - - - -

My thoughts take over me as I stare into the corner of the Community Hall; the loud chattering of the boys and girls start to fade away as I sink deeper into my train of thought, staring into the void of nothingness. My body starts to feel lighter and soon enough I have completely sunk into the pit of memories.

I still remember how it was like; how the cigarette burned my skin and my screams of pain echoed around the room while my father continuously shouted threats and harsh opinions. At that moment, I could care less about what he said as his beatings numbed the emotions that I had except for fear and pain. His voice still ringing in my ears, like a needle piercing my eardrums with every word coming out of his mouth.

"You're fucking useless!" He yelled, my skin stinging at every whip of the belt. He was so close to me that I could smell the scent of beer in his breath. "Couldn't even stop that fucking mother of yours from killing herself!" My stream of tears and cries of pain didn't stop him from hurting me, until sirens were heard outside our house. Thankfully, my neighbors heard the commotion and called the police, putting handcuffs on my father's wrists while they send me to the orphanage, away from his custody.

It's been a few days and I haven't felt more free from being away from my father. That feeling of knowing that you're father is most likely behind bars, finally getting what he so deserves after all these years.

"Y/N!" The shout of one of the group of girls brings me back to reality, causing me to turn around, stunned by the call of my name. Before thinking, I bump into one of the boys, my orange juice spilling all over his shirt. I am left dumbfounded as everything happened so fast; the boy looks down at his shirt and then at me but I am unable look into his eyes as my cheeks flame in embarrassment.

"I-I-I'm sorry. . ." I stutter, barely even a whisper as I keep my head down. He scoffs at me, waving me off as he continues his way out the hall. I turn my head slightly at his direction, his denim jacket the only thing I see of him before the door closes slowly after him. I cannot feel more worthless that I already am.

- - - - -

The light drumming of my fingers on my bed keeps me awake as I stare widely at the ceiling above me. I told myself that last night would be the last time I would go up to the roof; but my thoughts fail me to do so as I give up fighting and climb up the roof after all. The sudden gust of wind has taken me aback, but I ignore the cold from the chilly weather of November and lay my back down on the roof, feeling its cold metal surface shiver my back. The stars shine brightly above me, twinkling as if to tell me their presence.

Every night I dream of coming home into the arms of my mother, smelling the familiar scent of lavender on her clothes as her kind, sweet voice bring me to peace. I have always imagined what my life would be like if only mother was alive and breathing, protecting me from the evil monster my father has become.

The rattling of the roof has made me jump up and look to my left where I see the same boy that I bumped into earlier this evening. He hasn't noticed me from the darkness but once I shifted in my place, he stares at me.

"Hello?" He walks closer and I back away, hoping that he still doesn't see me; but it's too late as he has stopped midway and straightened his back. "Oh. . ." Is all he could say. "First you spill a drink on my shirt and now you know my secret place, too?" He sighs and sits beside me, but I keep my stare at the town that is stretched wide in front of me. Trees rustle around us, along with the wind starting to become stronger. I pull in my knees to my chest as the hairs on my arms start to raise.