13: the surprise

Calvin drove you home to let you get ready for your "plans" that night. You jumped out of the car, but walked around to Calvin's window. You tapped on it to motion that you wanted him to roll it down.

"Cal, what the hell are you going to do." You laughed as he rolled down the window.

"It's a surprise!" He said, throwing up his hands. You continued to giggle, but now because his voice rose and he sounded somewhat like a child.

"Okay, fine." You said pouting.

"I'll pick you up around 6:00." He said, checking his phone for the time. It was only about 12:00.

"Okay, see you then." You said, leaning in the window frame to kiss him. He leaned in so you didn't have to completely stick your head in, but it was a quick kiss.

You took the stairs up to your apartment and stalled a bit. You had six hours. Sighing, you unlocked the door and walked in. You sat on the couch that only yesterday had Calvin kissed you on. It seemed like a week.

You did some irrelevant shit for four hours, then went to actually get ready. You took a quick shower. You did your hair and makeup, then headed for your room.

You opened your closet and looked inside, but there was one thing. Calvin never told you what to wear.

You ran and grabbed your laptop, quickly logging into Skype. You called Calvin, hoping he would pick up.

"Y/n? What's up?" He said, turning his facecam on. He was in his room, probably working on a video.

"Hi, I probably shouldn't be doing this and you're working hard on a video right now, but...what should I wear?" You asked. He laughed, and rubbed his hand on his forehead.

"Uh... a dress? A skirt? Whatever fancy shit girls wear." He said.

"Okay thanks bye!" You said, ending the call.

You picked out a pale pink short, strapless dress with beige heels. You put on a matching flannel, and it extended to your middle thigh, slightly longer than the dress. By the time you were ready, it was 5:55. You heard the doorbell ring, and you could feel the butterflies flying around in your stomach. You opened the door, and there was Calvin. He was dressed in jeans and a nice button down t-shirt.

"Too much?" You asked as Calvin scanned you. You were implying your outfit, of course.

"No... you look amazing, y/n." He said, stepping closer to you and wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Thanks." You mumbled, looking down to avoid eye contact. You were probably tuning bright red. Calvin laughed and drew your head up by lifting your chin with his fingers.

"It's just me. You don't have to be nervous about anything." He smiled.

"I'm not nervous! Jesus Christ." You said as Calvin leaned in to kiss you. You wrapped your arms around his neck, and soon you forgot about everything. The butterflies in your stomach, wondering what the surprise is. All you could focus on was him. He pulled away, and grabbed your hand, intertwining his fingers in yours

"Let's go."