Red carpet

*they regroup with Doug and Evie, Carlos and Jane who had now become an official thing and Jay and Audrey who were now a thing (usually) which seemed to have eradicated most of the super bitch that had once be contained in Audrey, there was still the occasional sarky comment but she had since decided she was happier in a real relationship with Jay than what was honestly faked with Ben to a large extent, she did deserve to be happy, she wasn't a bad person deep down which she happily intended to prove tonight*
Mal: hey guys
Audrey: happy birthday
Jane: yeah happy birthday
Mal: thanks guys
Ben: yeah she's old now, 19 that's like ancient
Mal: thanks babe
Ben: love you
Mal: wait that's right isn't it, I'm inlet than all of you little children
Jay: 2 weeks younger
Mal: ah yes something that it will always be my pleasure to hold over you
Jay: I believe you
Mal; are we gonna go? I can't be mad to my own party, at least I'm pretty sure I can't....
Ben: no you can't, we'd better go
Doug: wait do we have to wait for Chad and lonnie?
Audrey: no they said they'd meet us there
*chad and Ben had fairly recently started growing closer again, Mal welcomed the apparently new and improved Chad,lonnie wasn't afraid to tell him to shut up when he was being a jackass so he had quickly learnt his place in their relationship which had also helped him as a person, it was a slow process between him and Ben, words had been said by both side but it was coming along, Mal hoped their friendship would lighten Ben off the workload a little, it so far appeared to be working, they walk down to the red carpet which was located directly outside the ballroom which had an outdoor entrance as well as multiple indoor ones, being a rather big and grand ballroom, Ben and Mal stepped out first (Mal being more like a shove from Evie and a yank from Ben, lots of people were already there, both inside and on he red carpet, as they were having their pictures mass taken belle and beast managed to arrive and get shoved out there with them they stand with them in a sort of awkward family fashion*
Belle: hi
*mal remains slight but Ben however replies very shortly showing his lack of enthusiasm at their presence*
Ben: hi
*they fake smile for the cameras, not very well but if you didn't know them you'd believe it was real, they soon walked off to the side just out of sight before they headed in as Doug and Evie walked on and Evie being posing them to take the best possible pictures*
Beast: oh come on we've tried to say we're sorry
Ben: I honestly don't care
Mal: Ben
*mal speaks to him in what wasn't quite but could only really be described as a warningly tome*
Ben: what? They insulted you, they brought you to tears and u don't care if they're my premed that's not okay with me
Belle: Ben....
*belle goes to speak but Ben cuts her off caring little to nothing about her opinion*
Ben: mom I don't want to know
Beast: that is your mother!
Ben: and I am the king
Mal: Ben don't
Belle: I...
*belle finds herself yet again cut off by her son*
Ben: I think you should both go inside now and leave us alone
Beast: Ben...
*this time Mal does the cutting off*
Mal: go, he needs time to cool off
*feeling very disheartened and put in her place which she'd never expected to get from Ben belle gave a very small courtesy to them in the most formal way possible*
Belle: your highness, my lady
*her voice gave no emotion except the tiny hint of sadness hat she couldn't summon the strength to mask and with that they walk in properly as Mal takes Ben further out of view*
Mal: please don't get into it with them, not again today
Ben: okay, I'm sorry, I promise I won't
Mal: thank you now come on let's head inside

----------------------------------------------

Sorry this took so long I was like half way through writing it (ish) and then I got distracted by Harry Potter textposts as I do on a regular basis 😂😂 (them a bunch of other distractions after that and just came back to it like hours later 😂😂 xoxo