Prologue

Photo Credit : http://www.decoist.com/2014-07-09/contemporary-residence-south-africa-sculptural-design/

Finally, I was able to summon enough strength to  post this. I hope you will all like this as much as my previous story, Love, Anonymous.  I am hoping this will be closer to our hearts because it tackles the story of fangirling, trials we go through, our coping mechanisms to deal with like so that we can survive the harsh realities.

It's nice to believe we have a secret place we can go to, to unwind, to fulfill our dreams, to get giddy over love, even if it's not our story. So here it is, dear readers, my latest work made as a tribute for all fangirls/fanboys like me.

Please  share with me your thoughts, and enjoy reading :)

August 2017

The receptionist ushered Richard into the receiving area of Alvin Foster's office. The condo was where Alvin lived and doubled as his office while his house would be starting construction soon, after Richard gets his designs approved.

This was his first project in the Philippines after leaving a year ago, a dark period in his life when everything seemed to go wrong careerwise. He was ashamed of what he had become, of how he let himself be eaten up by the problems in his architectural practice. He left because it seemed the only right thing to do at that time, even if it meant leaving Dei behind.

He wondered how she was, his wife of five years. He left her crying, begging for him to stay, promising to help him with whatever was bothering him. But he was adamant to leave. He did not want to include her in the anguish he went through. 

The arrival of Alvin and his team interrupted his reverie. Alvin Foster, half of the famous ALDUB love team, the phenomenal couple catapulted to fame on a mere twist of fate. He looked at Alvin, judging him to be younger than he was by maybe five or six years, but already a self-made man. They were of the same height, heck they even resembled each other. Could that be the reason why Dei fangirled over him so much? He never discussed her fangirling though, dismissing it as a trivial means of passing time.

One of the women in Alvin's team looked familiar. She was in a charcoal grey business suit, her frilly white blouse a feminine contrast to the austere tailored cut of her suit. Her shapely legs were encased in elegant black pumps, her hair in a bun. When she faced the receptionist to give instructions for a visitor, he was dumbfounded. It was Dei.

She looked so different from how he remembered her last. Back then, she was not this slim femme fatale, she was starting to gain weight beyond her control, a result of being cooped up in their house, with nothing better to do in between writing jobs but eat. She did not exude this air of confidence, nor did she dress this way. The Dei he knew always dressed casually.

"Roxanne, please give this to the GMAAC rep, pa receive mo ha para may proof tayo that we already sent it back. Tapos tawagan mo si Mam Jenny, follow up mo yung script for the new movie. Then confirm mo sa studio yung availability ni Alvin for the Technomarine photoshoot.

"Dei."

She stopped talking, wondering if she was imagining things. She thought she heard Richard calling her, but that was impossible since he was based in Macau for the past year.

"Dei."

She turned and saw him standing at the reception area, looking so handsome in his white shirt tucked into his Levis, matched with black loafers. She refused to look at his face, afraid that she would betray her emotions. He still had that kind of effect over her. Her hands were suddenly cold and clammy, it was as though she was transported back to that first time they met, seven years ago.