Chapter 46 - Mysterious

Hello there my dears. As promised, here's an update for you, and hopefully I can come up with another one later, to make up for no updates last night.

I'm happy to inform you all that despite my heartburn episode, I was able to finish my entries for AMACon3 and all we wait for now is the unveiling of our stories for your reading pleasure. Can't wait for you to see the stories I wrote :)

Hope you will like this update, there's a bit of a mystery in the end and I hope I keep you guessing who it is. Please read on and enjoy, standby for another update which I will hopefully post tonight. This is my sick leave well spent....writing for you all :)

Based on the CCTV camera footages, Daniel followed them around the supermarket from the time they entered the grocery area. He was sitting in the dining area when they arrived, saw them and followed them inside but kept his distance, probably to avoid being seen. It was difficult to determine if his being there was premeditated or just plain coincidence, but he really was following them.

Richard tried to cover as much ground as he could. He sought the help of the NBI, filed a police blotter report against Daniel, and gave his picture to the village security to prohibit Daniel's entry into the village. But he didn't stop there, he moved Dei and Thirdy to his parents' house, because Daniel didn't know where his parents lived. He would monitor for the next few days if Daniel would attempt to go to their house.

Dei was a bundle of nerves. She requested to take a leave from work for a week, asking the important documents that needed her attention to be either emailed or sent to the Faulkerson residence. She refused to leave Thirdy, traumatized by the supermarket incident.

"Dei, we'll be safe here. I've alerted security already and even if I didn't, security here is airtight, really strict."

"There's something wrong in this situation, RJ. Daniel misappropriated funds from your company, he got cuts from your suppliers, and he even stole Charlie's girlfriend. But look at us, we're the ones hiding and running away. It's so unfair."

"I know, but we don't want to expose Thirdy to danger. I can't have him picked up because he hasn't really done anything yet, there's really no charge we file against him at this point."

"Until when will we be hiding here?"

"Until the protection order I filed against Daniel for you and Thirdy comes out. When he gets that, he can't get near you both. By then I'll be more at ease leaving you."

"Why is the protection order for me and Thirdy only? What about you? He can harm you too."

"Unforunately the protection order is applicable only to you and Thirdy. But that's ok, I'm not afraid of him."

Dei hugged him, afraid for his safety. "Babe, please be careful, lalo na pag pauwi ka na galing project site."

-----

The week of her leave passed by so quickly. Dei made the most of it by being with Thirdy, loving the opportunity to bond with him and her in-laws. It also gave her an opportunity to talk with Richard's mom, to be close to her again. She found time one afternoon to talk to Richard's mom while Thirdy was napping.

Dei was about to get a glass of water in the kitchen and saw Rose preparing ingredients for baking cookies.

"Mom, you need help po? Tulog naman po si Thirdy, pwede po bang makitulong?"

"Ha? Sige sure. Can you please chop the walnuts? I'm baking chocolate chip walnut cookies, favorite ni RJ 'to eh."

They worked in companionable silence together until Dei opened up to Rose.