Chapter 41 - Crossing the Line

Hello my dears, I'm posting my update early because I am drowning in AMACon3 cramming, hahaha. But as I promised, I will never let go of updating my fic because I just cannot let go of the story, it became my habit already to update everyday.

I hope you guys will also support my fics during AMACon3, I'll update you soon. For now, here's an update that might anger some of you and say "I told you so." Read and find out why. 

Kwentuhan tayo ha, leave a comment for us to discuss, and thank you so much for always voting :)

January 02, 2018

Construction for Alvin's house was now in full swing. Their target was to finish the house before Christmas of 2018, by which time Alvin and Danica would already be married and spending their first Christmas together as a married couple. Construction started in October of the previous year, progressing smoothly until both Caloy and Richard noticed deviations from the structural plan. They found out the contractor was cutting corners and thus had to change contractors midway. The new contractor worked better and faster, keeping them on track with their schedule.

Richard arrived at the site early, expecting Alvin and Danica to be there shortly for the weekly inspection and meetings with suppliers. He found Sheila at the makeshift office, working on her laptop.

"Good morning....I didn't know you'd be joining the meeting today, Sheila. Happy New Year, nga pala."

"Oh...hi. Happy New Year, and Happy Birthday na din. May supplier kasi na dadating for the aluminum frames of the windows and doors. Dito ko na pinapunta para makita na rin yung structure."

"Pero wala pa sila makikita, as you can see, the shell is barely done. Sayang naman punta mo. Saka, I though yung supplier ng parents mo na gagamitin natin para gamay talaga sa glassworks niyo?"

"OK lang, andito naman yung drawings and specs, I can give them that for their bids. Saka I need back-up suppliers, mukhang mabusisi si Alvin, it's best na rin to be prepared."

"Sige if you say so."

"Excuse ha, CR lang ako."

She stood up and left her laptop open. Richard took the opportunity to get the porcelain tile swatches behind her side of the table, to line it up for discussion on the table. He chanced to get a glimpse of Sheila's laptop screen and saw her photo folder open. It looked like she was browsing through their pictures together when they were still a couple.

He immediately closed down the laptop screen, worried that someone might have seen the folder. Damn, Sheila. He and Dei were already fully recovered and happy, he didn't want another problem to drive a wedge between them again. By the time she got back, Sheila noticed her laptop screen was down and realized her mistake, flushing a deep red.

"Richard....."

"Sheila, maupo ka nga, mag-usap tayo."

"Will you let me explain, don't get angry."

He took a deep breath and counted to ten, remembering her health condition. Stress can trigger an attack for Lupus patients, he didn't want to be the cause for her to get sick.

"Sheila, I don't really mind if you keep our photos. I don't own your laptop, call mo na if gusto mong itago diyan pictures natin together. But please, I'm begging you, Dei and I just got back together, don't give her reason to stay away from me again. Wag mo naman tignan dito sa workplace yung pics natin."

"Sandali lang naman, Richard. I wasn't looking at our photos as you put it. I was looking for a photo that had a glass door na gusto ko pakita kay Alvin. It was not in my work folder because it was a personal photo."