Chapter 29 - The Struggle is Real

Photo Credit : Screen grab from Aldub Pa More Youtube Post - God Gave Me You Lenten Special

Hi dear readers, sorry but this is another sad chapter.  But although it is sad, I m sure you will feel that things are improving between our couple. OFW feels, the struggle dealing with sepanx, I hope I captured it here, in trying to understand the difficulty of worrying over a loved one who is far away.

We're getting nearer and nearer to the present, thank you for still reading!  Let me know if you like this chapter, share with me your favorite parts or dialogue. Till next update beshies :)

September 2016

Dei was bored, hungry and tired. She was also cranky because Richard had not texted her for more than a month now and it was eating her up. She was worried that something might have happened to him, or worse, he got tired of texting her because she wasn't replying. She looked at her phone for the nth time and felt like screaming. The meeting she was in was going nowhere.

This brainstorming meeting with Jane Ferrer, Alvin and Danica, and some of the other writers of Eat Bulaga were throwing ideas back and forth about how to celebrate the Tamang Panahon anniversary. They were planning a grand wedding, complete with prenup photos, a full-blown church ceremony, and a pre-wedding reception.

But when it got to the wedding kiss, the group was divided. Jane did not want a full-blown kiss, claiming it was a lunchtime show with children watching. Alvin and Danica were ok with kissing, they were an actual couple anyway, but were keeping their fans guessing.

"Mam Jane, so anong gagawin natin, dadayain na lang yung kiss?" Alvin asked, his brows knitted. Danica rubbed at his arm to restrain him from showing his displeasure. He was actually fed up with hiding their relationship and just wanted to use this "wedding" to get it out in the open.

"Pano natin dadayain yun? My hair will be up. Baka di maganda tignan, halatang daya eh." Danica said, trying to be diplomatic.

"Pwede siguro part aerial shot then unti-unting zoom-in tapos cut to back shots ninyo pareho." Said one writer.

"Why is it such a big deal kung mag-kiss sila? Sa movie nga nagliplock na sila eh, so fans will be expecting them to do the same here," Said Direk Mike.

On and on it went until Dei had enough, stood up and banged a spoon against her glass to get their attention.

"Will you just let the two freaking kiss on air and make the fans happy? I don't know why we're splitting hairs over one kiss that fans have been salivating over anyway. Do you think the fans don't know they're an item? Gahhhhh! We've lost fans over the pabebe storyline already going south, geez, make our publicity work a little easier by giving what the fans want. Let's give them a Saturday afternoon they won't forget. Excuse me while I take a break and feed my baby."

She pushed her chair and left them all staring at her openmouthed. This will get her in trouble with Pat but really, sometimes her job was such a pain. It was difficult for her to move around because her tummy was bigger now, Thirdy moved a lot inside her especially when she was hungry and she was really famished right now.

She approached the buffet table and filled a plate with food, sitting in one of the tables to eat quietly while the group continues to debate. But it seemed they took a break too, as she saw them leave the conference room one by one.

"That was some show you put on there," Alvin said, sitting beside her.

Oh. My. God. This is such a fangirl moment and dang, she wasn't feeling very pretty right now, with her distended belly, bloated ankles and puffy eyes. Although she'd been in meetings with him, they never talked to each other, just the two of them.  Alvin smiled pleasantly at her, clearly amused by what she said earlier.