Chapter 19 - Aldub Magic

Photo Credit :  @ mainedcm Instagram account

Hello!!! In honor of our bibis coming home, I am posting a happy chapter, with a bonus follow-up quickie. I am fired up by Alden's tweet, sooo happy they had a nice time together in Europe.

So dapat, my AU Dei and Richard are happy too. The last chapter was too draining so you know me, I always think of your best interest, my loves. I don't want you to be drained of too much angst. Here, Dei finds a way to spice things up a bit, inspired by her first encounter with Aldub:)

Have fun with this flirty and playful chapter, harot need not be heavy sex all the time. Enjoy the weekend loves, and please leave your comments as always :)

August 1, 2015

The heat of the sun was unbearable. Dei quickly entered the house and switched the aircon on, taking her heels off. She was in corporate attire and hated it, but Pat insisted for her to dress up when they met with the network executives.

There was a current love team that was taking the nation by storm, and Brand Solutions was called in to manage the publicity for the couple. Alvin Foster was added to Eat Bulaga's roster of lunchtime hosts, to handle one of their segments. But by a twist of fate, he locked gazes through split screen with Danica Ursula Bello who played Yaya DUB, a character in another segment. Their screen chemistry caught on like wildfire.

Fan clubs have been sprouting left and right, in support of ALDUB, the monicker of this new love team. The managements of both Alvin and Danica needed a third party to manage the publicity of Aldub, to filter all news items, photos and videos, and take charge of disseminating them to the properly accredited fan clubs, bloggers and social media press.

They also needed a team to lurk in Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, to analyze trending topics and opinions, to help Alvin Foster convert from mainstream popularity to social media. Likewise, Danica was already a social media sensation with her youtube following, but needed to be covered in mainstream media too. It was going to be a lot of work but it sounded like a blast.

"Dei, I need you back, full-time. While you're not pregnant at least. This is a good project for us," Pat said during their regroup after the meeting.

"I don't know Pat, I kind of like my setup now. I'm able to control my time."

"Girl, don't you want to have a career? Must your life revolve around Richard? Think of yourself too."

She switched on the TV and plopped down on the couch, massaging her feet. Eat Bulaga was still on, she saw Wally dressed in drag, yelling at a slight girl in a polka dot apron. She assumed this must be Danica. Then Alvin went onscreen, his hands bound with thick cord, dubsmashing to REO Speedwagon's "Can't Fight This Feeling."

Star-crossed lovers, a cruel rich grandmother who had Alvin kidnapped and beaten up, it was all so cliché and cheesy but the chemistry of these two.....it made her giddy. It reminded her of the time she first met Richard, the first time their hands touched, the kiss they shared, and all that transpired after. Alvin reminded her of Richard, they had an uncanny similarity, except that Alvin was boyish where Richard was manly.

She watched until the end of the segment, enthralled. No wonder people were hooked, the segment was such a stress reliever. Danica was a natural comedienne and Wally as Lola Nidora was spot on.

She created a new Twitter account and lurked online, reading the comments about the episode that day. Everyone was abuzz about Alvin and Danica. The same was true for Facebook. People were flocking to the Eat Bulaga Facebook page to watch a replay of the episode. It was there that she discovered the segment was called Kalyeserye.