Chapter 30 - Hope Springs Eternal

Photo Credit : www.flickr.com/photos/kumagcow/16097432969 

I was asked to give an update that would soften the blow of last night's chapter. Tall order considering the state of our characters, as they are in the midst of a major misunderstanding. But. I aim to please, and I owe it to you all so here it is.

We can't expect too much kilig yet so let me share with you a little fluff moment that eases the pain of last night. I hope this sort of makes up for the tears you shed, and restore your faith in me, haha!

Enjoy reading my dears, and thank you so much for the love :)

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Wow Pat, since when did you become my mother? I'm going to our house in Sta. Rosa, need to get something."

"I'm going with you."

"What? Ano ka ba, what's gotten into you?"

"Dei, you're almost seven months pregnant, you shouldn't be driving nga eh. What do you need to get, ako na lang kukuha?"

"Ayoko, I need to check on the house anyway."

"Damn, you're so stubborn."

"Pat, get out of my way. Kahit buntis ako tatadyakan kita."

"Either I go with you or you won't leave. Choose."

"Fine. Sige, you drive. Ginusto mo yan eh."

-----

"Ang laki naman ng bahay nito. Who is this guy anyway? I know he's the father of the guy in the accident with you pero anong racket nila? Drug lord siguro 'to."

"Grabe ka naman manghusga. He's a contractor. Ang alam ko lang he has big projects, kahit abroad."

They heard footsteps and stood up to meet Carlos. It was Dei's first time to come face-to-face with him, since she never had a chance to interact with him, even after the accident. She fully expected to hate the man, the reason behind Richard's leaving. She knew it was unfair to put the blame on him but at the moment, she needed to dump her anger on someone.

But she did not expect to see someone looking so gentle and dignified. He extended a hand to her as he spoke in a soft voice. "Dei, nice to finally meet you. Sit down, sit down. What can I do for you?"

Damn. How do you remain angry with someone who is so charismatic? This man probably got rich on charm alone. It's not that he was flirting with her or anything, he was old enough to be her father after all. But he just seemed to radiate positive vibes. Now her prepared speech seemed inappropriate.

"Sir......kumusta na po ang project niyo sa Macao?"

"It's good. Better now that Richard is part of the team. Bumilis yung trabaho, pati procurement bumilis. Your husband is an efficient project manager, Dei. He works hard, mukhang matatapos nila yung project on time. But why are you asking me? Hindi ba nagkukuwento si Richard sayo?"

She was at a loss for words, and suddenly she felt like crying. Damn hormones, she chided herself. She reached for the brown envelope she had with her and gave the envelope to him.

"Sir......Alam ko may utang pa rin kami sa inyo. Heto po yung land title ng property namin sa Alabang. Clean title po yan, please take it as payment for whatever is remaining sa utang ni Richard sa inyo."

Carlos looked at the envelope without opening it and looked at Dei. "Does Richard know you're here?"

"We're not on good terms po. I didn't want him to leave but he left anyway."