Chapter 31 - The Third

Photo Credit: http://www.gutmicrobiotaforhealth.com

My dear readers, I want you to know that this chapter was not the original plan for this story. I was planning for Richard not to know about his son, until he came back from his project to settle in the Philippines again. But my characters have taken on a life of their own, and the story called for a different path. It seemed wrong for Richard to miss out on his moment as a father, I felt that he suffered enough already. I also felt Dei needed him to be there when she finally gave birth (raise your hands, those who agree with me).

So here's a deviation from my original idea, bahala na si batman how I will tweak the rest of the story. My stories are always like this, they write themselves, I am just the channel for them to be written. I hope you find this chapter as special as it is to me, because a new life is always significant :)

Enjoy my dears, and thanks for reading, we are now at #6, thanks to all of you <3

December 04, 2016

Dei was preparing her maternity bag, in anticipation of her giving birth on the second week of December. She now moved back to her parents' house, where her room was converted into a nursery, with a mint green crib mounted near her bed, and yellow roman blinds on the windows. She already packed all her essentials, a few sets of onesies with matching bonnets and socks for Thirdy, baby pajamas, and feeding bottles for her breast milk.

She lovingly caressed her protruding belly, eager to see her baby boy, counting the days till he comes out. The days were mercifully quick, she survived her pregnancy in between bouts of loneliness, missing Richard and feeling sorry for herself.

It was easy while she was working, she threw herself into her work, making sure to take naps in between to recharge herself. But on some nights, she found it difficult to fall asleep, she lay awake missing him, praying for God to make the days faster, to fast track to her due date so that she can have Thirdy to focus her attention on, and alleviate her loneliness even for a bit.

She loaded her maternity bag into the car, just to be sure that it wouldn't be left home in case she suddenly goes into labor.

"Dei....that bag was heavy, you shouldn't be lifting heavy objects at this point."

"It's ok mama, it wasn't that heavy."

If there was one good thing that came about after Richard left, it was her newfound friendship with her mama. Ever since that confrontation with Richard before they got married, her mama changed a lot. She learned to show her feelings, to be more caring and less watchful.

"Desirae....I've been meaning to ask you. Don't you think it's time to tell Richard about your pregnancy? Haven't you punished him enough?"

'I'm not punishing him, mama. I just feel that he disregarded how I felt when he decided to do this project. He knew how I felt about Mr. Enriquez but he still pushed through."

"But the baby has nothing to do with your misunderstanding. He's the father, he deserves to know."

"To be honest mama, I don't know how to tell him. I just kept putting it off. I was afraid to talk to him, because I miss him too much. If I put my heart out there for him, he could hurt me again. I promised never to set myself up for pain, not after what I went through when he left."

"You're not the only one in pain, he's suffering like you. Do you think we don't know why he left? He told us everything before he left, and we appreciated his honesty. He told us because he wanted us to watch over you while he was gone."