~Chapter 12~

Ever since I kissed Nicki last night, I'm hoping to avoid her at school as much as possible. I don't know what possessed me to kiss her, or want to kiss her, but I'm at battle with it and my emotions.

Titus pokes my arm and I see he's dancing to the music. "Are you feeling fine? You've been acting weird since yesterday." He asks.

Am I fine? I kissed his girl-crush. On top of that, I found out there's more to my past than just a few lost memories of me hanging out with my parents like a normal kid. There's no way a normal kid would live in a house with tons of other families. No, I'm not "fine." I'm confused, and I'm scared, and dreading seeing Nicole Hanson, but being around her makes me want to kiss her even more! "Yes, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I scoff.

"Have you been hitting the books too hard?" He continues his interrogation.

"I'm going to the library. Don't bother me." Titus parks, and I immediately sling my backpack over my shoulder and get out his car. I hear Titus shouting my name, but I ignore him and walk into the school. I need to get a grip on myself. I'm losing my mind! Is this why Titus hides everything? No. Him hiding everything is the reason I'm going insane.

I head to the library to get my mind off of everything. I want to speak to my grandmother again, but I still need to make time to do so. I'm not sure if I can tell anyone yet, but I'm strongly persuaded to tell Nicki. Then again, can't drag her into my own mess.

I open my psychology book and skim through it. I'm reading the words, but they aren't processing in my brain because I'm so distracted. I know I'll see Nicole again. I have a few classes with her, and my best option is to apologize for kissing her out of nowhere. As much I enjoyed it I didn't want her to feel like I was Titus and attempting to force a relationship between us.

"Damn it!" I shout and slam my fist on the table.

'Don't overthink it, Ty. Focus on what you're reading.' I remind myself, and my mind is instantly at ease as I soak up each word in the book.

I lose focus and concentration by a figure sitting right across from me at the table. When I look up, I recognize her instantly. "N-Nicki?"

She waves with a grin, "Hey Ty!"

"Uh-hi. D-Do you need something?" She makes me lose concentration completely, but it doesnt make me as irritated because she's... Nicole. She blushes after a pause of silence and ignores my question. I decide to bring up the previous night because it's killing me to find out what she thinks about it. How she felt. Did she feel the way I did? The sparks and feeling of electricity running through our current?

"About last night... I-I don't know why I... kissed you. I just-I didn't mean it-"

She cuts me off from further embarrassment, "No Ty, it's fine." Her silver eyes lose mine and suddenly she looks down at her lap, and in a small voice, "I-I liked it."

"You did? I-I mean- I gotta go." I shut the physcology book and hurry out of the library with my things. She liked it. That's all I want to hear, but there's still that nagging feeling I'm getting.

Is this the same as Rose?

~•••~

I believe everything happens for a reason. The reason may not make sense, but it still happens for a reason. I'm not sure if fate has something destined for Nicole and I, or if it just likes to see my embarrassment.

Ever since the awkward encounter with Nicki at the library she's been everywhere I turn. From history, when our teacher decided to move the seating chart, and I happened to be right next to Nicole.