~Chapter 13~

"It is." I agree but I'm not talking about The Fields that's beautiful. I'm talking about the girl that gets to experience this moment with me.

I lead her to an empty lot of grass. I don't want to ruin the bed of flowers surrounding us, and we'll also need a lot of space for our drawing. "I think it's perfect for our project, don't you?"

Nicki immediately nods in response. "It's perfect!"

"Great." I take a pencil from my bag along with a clean sheet of paper. "Do you want to start off?"

Nicki's face turns bright red and she looks adorable. "I-I don't draw.... I can't draw." She stutters.

"It's easy once you get the picture in your mind, and a little practice. Let's start off with something easy. Like... this flower." I pick one of the pink flowers and place it in front of her where she can see it. Every detail counts. I scoot closer to her to get a good view of her drawing skills, but I don't know if she thinks I'm too close. She doesn't mind, and takes the pencil in her hand. Her hand is shaking, and she has no control. I can't tell if it's because she's nervous or scared. She has no reason to be scared, but nervous I can understand.

"Here, let me help." I place my hand over hers, and warmth instantly spreads throughout my entire body and I want to cradle her close to my body. I slowly help her guide the pencil, and we're both silent.

"See? Try to draw lightly so you'll be able to shade it in later. It's a simple drawing, you just need practice." I tell her gently so she doesn't freak out. I can feel her hand holding the pencil tightly, but it loosens underneath my touch and she seems to be allowing me to draw more than I am guiding her, but I know it's because she doesn't want me to let go, and neither do I.

"How long have you been drawing?" She questions. I let go of her and she puts the pencil down.

"About 12 years. I started when I was 5." She picks up one of my old sketchbooks. It's already full, and is my second sketchbook I got after my first.

"You're really talented." She flips through, and stops at a familiar picture.

"Thanks. Th-that's my mom." I explain because she's staring at the drawing in awe.

"She was a really beautiful woman." She gently closes the book and sets it back down.

"She was." I smile at Nicole.

She places her small hand over mine for comfort and changes the subject. "We should probably start."

~•••~

"When you were born?" I ask.

"Yeah. I was in the CPU a lot as a kid." Nicki explains. "Cole is the oldest by 3 minutes. Nick was born 5 seconds after, and I was born 5 minutes after. I hate it when they call me little, like we weren't born in the same hour." She says.

I laugh, "Titus always makes a big deal out of me being 10 seconds after him."

"I wonder how cold the water is." She gazes at the lake and I followed.

"The lake is 'enchanted' by a 'witch'. The temperature never changes. It's always warm no matter what." I explain.

"Really? How do you know?" She asks and she looks at me in complete amazement in her gorgeous eyes.

"My mom, sh-she took me here wh-when I was little. She always told me stories. Some were made up, though."

"I'm going to try it." Nicki stands up and bends over the lake. She dips her hand in for a moment and sways her hand in the water for a little.  "That's really cool!" She exclaims excitedly and turns to me like a happy child.

"I-I didn't believe her at first. I uh, don't really believe the witch part. But I honestly would never be able to find a scientific e-explanation for it." I draw as she lies down with her feet at the edge of the lake and stares at the stars.

I put down my pencil and book and slowly walk over to Nicki. I lay beside her and stare at the stars. They are just balls of fire in space, but I see Nicki as a star and her flames lead me to the right path.

She wiggles closer to my body, and I hold my breath because my heart is beating at a mile a minute, and I slowly exhale. I feel her hand bring warmth to mine, and I squeez it tightly because I don't want to let go of her. Ever.

She scoots even closer until her head is on my shoulder, and we both stare at the night sky with twinkling stars and I don't want the moment to be over. This is the best memories I've had ever since the accident, and I don't want anything to change or ruin this moment.

Just me, and the girl who forever changed my world with just 2 words:

"Hey Ty!"