~Chapter 28~

'I love you too.' I whisper gently, although I know she can no longer hear me. I then begin to dash off into the direction of Aaron's scent. There's no way he's getting away now. His scent grows stronger by the minute, and I know I'm only getting closer.

I'm suddenly slammed against a tree, and the air in my escapes and I have to regain myself. I face my brother's killer and growl. I dropped down on my paws and step to him. He seems shocked by my appearance and almost laughs, "Tyler? Tyler Woods? Well, I'll be damned. I never expected this. You just seemed too.... How do I say this? Ah, yes; innocent, shy, and nerdy." He holds a silver blade in hand and it's also covered in blood. I don't know who it belongs to, but it's not anyone I know. I don't say anything, and he continues, "Everyone thought I was just a weak little human," he chuckles. "They thought I didn't know what I was. I was raised to hate your kind, and I remember my first kill, or shall I say kills." His laugh rang in my ears and he wiggled the silver necklace in my view. I squinted my eyes because of the bright reflection of the silver on the blood is blinding. I close my eyes as a memory floods through my brain:

"Mary? Do you see that?" Their attention is on the road ahead and it's something dark and red. There's a pool of it on the ground, and I a blinding bright silver color reflecting off of it.

"Tom!" Mom screams, and everything becomes a blur. The windshield smashes as something runs out in front of our car. Dad quickly turns, but we hit whatever it was. The car loses control, and the screeching of the tires is loud.

When I open them, anger shoots throughout my body. 'You!' I growl. 'You killed my parents!'

Aaron's laugh brings me back to reality, "Yes, yes, I did, Tyler. Finally putting the pieces together, I see." He begins to pace back and forth, "You see, Tyler, the wolf didn't run in front of the car. The blood on the ground was his, and it hardly took anything for me to throw him in front of the car in time to kill your parents. 2 in 1." He laughs, "do you remember the reflection of my necklace in the blood that night? Do you remember your parents screaming? Of course, you do, boy, I was there." My anger is growing by the minute, and red is clouding my vision.

He killed everyone I loved. Titus, mom, dad. He killed my family! I growl and step to him, but he holds up the silver blade in a threatening manner.

"Nicki's next, too. Titus and Rose were the easiest ones. Titus being my best friend and Rose loving me. They were way too close to a hunter."

Dick growls, 'kill him.'

"I can't wait to rip her stomach open and make you watch. I want to hear her screams and you won't be able to do a thing about it. Remember the entire fiasco where Jacqueline and I broke up? It was fake. She knows about your kind and your evilness. She wants Nicki dead just as much as I do. The little Alpha's daughter won't know what hit her." This sick bastard. How can he take pleasure in killing us? The mention of Nicole pushes me to my limit, and I jump on him.

My claws reach his face, and he points the knife at me. I chomp down on his hand and he cries out. He drops the knife and I quickly push it away from us with my paw and I snap my teeth in his face. 'You messed with the wrong Alpha.'

'Let me get a piece of this freak.' Dick takes control and bites down on Aaron's neck. We both can taste the metallic on our tongues and the warmth. Aaron begins to choke on his own blood and it makes me feel powerful. My brother's killer is slowly being sent to death.

Suddenly, I lose all feeling in my body. Something pierces through my back and it burns like hell. Dick allows me to take control in the moment. My eyes meet Jacqueline. She looks terrified as she leaves the knife in my back and runs off. I want to shift back, but I fail. I can't get the knife out of my back either. The stinging is almost unbearable.