~Chapter 25~

"Game day!" Titus shouts for the 100th time. "Game day!" He's hype and drinks his power-shake.

I roll my eyes, "Finally the last one."

"You just ironed your shirt for 30 minutes straight, and do I complain? I think not." He frowns.

"You lied to me for 5 years and did I complain-"

He cuts me off, "Uh, yeah, man. Like, every day."

I decide to give him props on that one. Besides, I don't think even my sour attitude can ruin his mood for the last rival game of the season. "Let's go. I can't wait to get this day over with." He slings his backpack over his shoulder and I grab an orange to eat on the way.

Titus hurries out the door and moments later I can hear the rev of his car. "Dude!" He shouts after I grab my backpack from the couch. I rush out the door and get in the passenger seat.

"I'm here, jeez." He takes off, and I'm pretty sure he's driving over the speed limit. Risking our lives for a football game isn't that serious-- especially when it doesn't start until after school is over, and I don't want us to end up in the same fate as our parents. "Slow down."

"No." He presses his foot harder on the pedal and I know there's no stopping him. As we get closer to the school, luckily, Titus eases his foot and we come to a stop in the parking area. I feel sick and weak as I step out the car. I rush inside and into the bathroom. I feel a strong urge to vomit, and I lean over a toilet.

'That's not vomit.' Dick grins. 'Let me take control, will ya?' He asks.

'What? You do it all the time. What's stopping you now?' I frown.

'I don't know, but I feel that Nicole is in danger. I can track her down a lot faster than you.'

I don't even care to question it because Dick can always detect how she feels and actually helps me out when he's not tormenting me. 'How do I let you take control?'

'Let go. Stop thinking so much.' The urgency of the situation makes it a lot tougher than it seems. I'm so worried about Nicole. I squeeze my eyes shut and concentrate.

Dick takes control and stretches his arms. "It's nice and cozy. Now, where is that troublesome mate of ours?" he growls.

'You said she's in danger!'

He laughs, 'Yes, of being claimed by another man. We must mark her now. I cannot wait any longer.'

'What if she's not ready?'

He scoffs and turns around, 'That's the least of my worries. Besides, it'll make your job of tracking her down easier when she has our mark. You won't depend on me as much.'

I try to take control but he relents. 'You can't do this!' He sniffs her coming inside the school and enters the janitor's closet near the entrance. I've realized that Dick is actually very clever. He could have let me take the easy route and told me what's been going on all this time. He wasn't suppressed. He could have taken control over me at any moment, even after the accident. He's just been waiting. Hiding in the dark. He's been ready to strike, just as he is now. Waiting for Nicole. Hiding in the dark closet. Ready to strike.

He opens the door and grabs onto her small waist. A small squeak escapes her lips and Dick kisses her. She pulls away in a rush, "Ty, your wolf," she whispers. I notice that fangs extend from his mouth and he grazes them against her neck.

'Stop it!' I yell.

Dick growls, "Not Tyler anymore, darling."

"Let Ty ins" she orders.