~Chapter 32~

Blankly, I stare at Nicole, not processing what she's saying. "So, along with werewolves... they have their own type of Death?"

She looks uncomfortable and shrugs it off, "It's fake, anyway. It's just like telling kids Santa is real."

I grumble, "then why am I having dreams about her?"

"Maybe it's from a memory of your mom explaining it, I suppose." She suggests, and I decide to let the topic go. I don't think Nicole will understand if I try to give the full details.

"You're right." I hug her to me. "What time is it?"

She glances at the clock on the bedside table, "Almost 6. Why?"

I sigh and sit up. "I need to go work on stuff in the office."

She gasps, "Tyler! You need sleep. You haven't gotten enough rest."

I laugh, "I'll be okay. I promise once everything is sorted I'll get a decent amount of sleep."

'Alpha, training begins in half an hour.' Will informs. I get out of bed leaving Nicole with an upset pout on her face and I give an apologetic look.

"Training in 30 minutes," I say awkwardly and throw on a random shirt and some shorts. She bites her lip and looks down.

I walk over to her side of the bed and lean down and plant a kiss on the top of her head. "I love you." Stubbornly, she covers herself and pretends to be asleep. I'll have to make it up to her later. I put on a pair of shoes and head downstairs. I don't know exactly where I'm going, but I'll find my way around. The scent of breakfast overwhelms me and my stomach growls. A quick meal won't hurt.

I jog into the kitchen and a group of men, few women, scurry around it. "Alpha!" One of them almost exclaims, and one of them drops a bowl he was just mixing into. Suddenly, they all bow and I stare at them baffled.

"I just, uh... I just want food." I awkwardly declare. One of the ladies comes over with a big grin and gently holds my hand.

"Please, follow me." I feel uncomfortable with her holding my hand but she leads me outside the kitchen and finally lets go of my hand.
"Is breakfast not ready yet?" I ask her. She gazes at me a moment longer than I feel she should, then trips over and falls on me. "Are you okay?" I help her back up.

"I-I'm sorry." She brushes a strand of hair behind her ear and points to the dining room door. "I'll have someone bring something out." She turns back into the kitchen, but midway, she looks over her shoulder with a shy smile. I awkwardly grin back and walk into the dining room.

I take a seat and notice I'm the only there. It's pretty early. Soon enough, a man comes out of the double doors leading to the kitchen with a plate in hand. "Alpha," he blows and places it in front of me.

"Thanks." I lick my lips and begin to feast. This place is like a never-ending buffet of foods. I scarf down about 10 pancakes and some bacon for protein. Hopefully, lunch will be served by the time my training ends. When I finish, one of the men takes my plate to clean up. Luckily, I don't run into the weird girl that lead me to the dining room.

I check the time to see that training will start soon. Hopefully, I can take a punch and not throw up my breakfast everywhere.

By the time I reach the training room, it's pretty packed. There's is a row of men aligned upon a wall and they look afraid as I enter, but still bow for respect. I nod in their direction and stand by their side.

"Welcome, men." A female voice announces and 2 people step out in front of us. One male, and the other a female. I notice the girl is the one who was in the kitchen earlier. Has she 2 jobs?