~Chapter 36~

"Well," Nicole shakes her head, "what a shame, Woods. You lost again." Nicole slams her cards on the table, and I nod at them. "Phase over!" She continues with a celebratory dance around the room and I laugh as I tuck away my cards in the deck before she can see them, and realize I purposely let her win.

"What can I say? I'm no match against a queen," I shrug as I watch her settle down and sit across from me with her legs crossed and her chin resting in the palms of her hands. "Again?"

She shakes her head, "no, you're too easy to beat. I need tougher competition. Nick and Cole are harder to beat."

"You should invite them over," I suggest.

She thinks, then shrugs, "maybe later. We have more important things to tend to."

I raise my brows, "oh, yeah? And what's that?"

"Our ceremonies are tomorrow. I have to rehearse and make sure the bouquets arrived as planned," she lists off, and I can't help but smile. "And we've got to get the musicians in place, the tables set, name cards, colors-"

"Everything will be fine. The Pack wants nothing but the best for the both of us, Nicole," I reassure her. She stares back at me and her eyes are unsure. "I promise."

"Right. I'll... I'll just breathe, and..."

I lose focus on what Nicki is telling me. Dick is mumbling something, but I can't understand him either. Nothing is seeming to make sense at the moment, except the fact that Nicole's scent is a little enticing. More enticing than it usually is.

'Heat,' Henry purrs in delight.

"Heat?" I repeat aloud.

Nicole pauses, and her face turns red. "Is it noticeable?"

"Is what noticeable?" I ask.

"My scent. I'm in the early stages of heat right now."

"No, not really. I-I just kind of noticed," I explain and she looks away from me.

'It's mating time,' adds Dick.

"Nicki, if you're not ready we don't have to do anything. We'll figure something out so you don't-- we don't do anything."

She often avoids the subject of sex and I don't blame her. Both of us are virgins and don't know what we're doing. She nods, then checks her phone. "I have to take this." I nod and grin at her for reassurance. She strides over and leaves a searing kiss on my cheek that spreads warmth to my heart; a feeling I could never forget.

'Tsk, tsk, tsk, Tyler. Putting away the horndog? You do realize once she's really into it, she'll crave for you to take her. The two of you could be in the middle of a daycare and BAM! she's begging for you to enclose any space between the two of you,' Dick comments slyly.

I roll my eyes, 'Our first time isn't going to be in a daycare.' The thought leaves a scowl on my face. As long as we get through the ceremony, everything would be okay from there forth.

"Are you serious!" Nicole shrieks into the phone and it startles me from my train of thoughts. She gives me an apologetic look, then lowers her voice as she whisper-yells, "just please, please take care of it." Sighing once more, she presses a button on her phone and faces me.

"What was that about?" I ask.

She frowns, "nothing."

"That didn't sound like it. What's going on, Nicki?" I ask, but my tone is more demanding this time. Nicole walks over to me slowly, and a small grin spreads on her lips. It's so contagious that I can't help but to grin back as she secures her arms around my neck, tangling her fingers in my hair and pulling me onto her lips. They're warm and a tingling sensation racks my body and leaves my body feeling shaken up.