Teaching the Young Grasshopper

The boys and their new little sister who is four are sleeping in a pile on the hay as the dragons look over their children. "What should we teach her? Iron or Shadow?", asks Metalicana as Skiadrum looks at the small, frail child. "Both...", murmurs Skiadrum as Metalicana looks at the other dragon. "Say again?", says Metalicana as Skiadrum looks up at the larger dragon. "We will teach her both", says Skiadrum as Metalicana's eyes widen.

"Are you crazy!?", roars Metalicana as Skiadrum whacks him upside the head. "Shut up you fool", says Skiadrum. "S-Sorry..", says Metalicana as he looks down at the children once more. "Teaching her could be dangerous...", says Metalicana as Skiadrum nods. "I know", says the dragon as he picks up the tiny child. "She will be a special rare dragon slayer..", says Skiadrum as he puts the child back down.

"People may come after her power...", says Metalicana as he glances at the boys. "But that is why she has her brothers...", says Skiadrum as Metalicana nods in agreement. "Well...she will begin training tomorrow...", says Skiadrum as Metalicana agrees and they both lay down to rest.

*      *      *

Time passes and morning slowly comes as the children begin to wake up slowly. "Hey Rogue look at this", says Gajeel as he points at little Konata. "She's super cute...", says Rogue as they watch her wake up and rub her eyes. "She's up..", says Rogue as Gajeel butts in.

"Hey Konata...can you says Gajeel?", he asks as she stares at him. "Gagee...", says Konata as Gajeel laughs. "No Konata... Ga..jeel..", he repeats for his little sister. "Gajee...", says Konata as Gajeel laughs and hugs his little sister tight. "So cute!", says Gajeel happily.

"I-I wanna try!", says Rogue as he takes Konata from Gajeel. "Tch..", says Gajeel becoming jealous. "Hey Konata...can you say Rogue?", he asks her as she attempts with Gajeel still fuming beside them. "Roooguu", she says giggling as Rogue turns red and hugs her tight. "You are cute!", says Rogue squeezing her tight.

"Tch give her back!", yells Gajeel as he pulls at her and Rogue holds on. "No! Let me Have a chance!", yells Rogue as the boys fight and Konata is flung into the air. "Weeeee!", squeals Konata as their eyes widen and they jump up and chase her. "Konata!", the boys yell as they run into each other with their arms out and fall back.

Skiadrum then comes and catches her with his tail. "What are you two doing!?", roars the dragon as the boys sit up quickly and apologize. "You could have hurt her I told you both to protect her and this is how you act!?", the dragon goes on with his fuss then sighs. "Konata...are you alright?", the dragon sets her down and she plays in the corner.

"You boys...go start the fire.. so you can all eat.", says Skiadrum and he walks outside to prepare the pot of food. Konata then waddles outside and walks over to the boys making a fire. "Konata no stay back fire is dangerous.", says Rogue as he sits her back and she watches from a distance.

*    *    *

The children finish eating a while later and Metalicana comes back with the herbs. "Is she ready to start her training?", asks the dragon as Skiadrum looks at her. "She is definitely ready.", says the dragon as the boys butt in.

"H-Hey! What is she learning!?", they ask in sync. "She is learning dragon slayer magic boys.", says Metalicana as Rogue jumps up. "I-Is it going to be Shadow dragon slayer magic!?", he says as Gajeel butts in. "No no! Iron dragon slayer magic!", the boys argue and sparks fly.

"Stop it you two!", roars Metalicana as they stop and look up at their parents. "She is learning both...", says Skiadrum and she quietly picks up Konata. "Woah both!?", the boys say in sync. "Yes but, please...keep it a secret or she could be in danger...we start later today...understood you two? Only you are to know about this...", says Skiadrum as they nod obediently.

"We start...later today...", says the dragons quietly and they all turn to Konata.