Let the Training Begin

The dragons prepare for Konata's training. "Isn't she a little small to be training?", asks Rogue as Gajeel answers him. "Of course not we started training as young as that she will be destined for greatness like me.", says Gajeel proudly while Rogue admires his older brother. "Gajeel is so cool..Sugoi Sugoi!", says Rogue wanting to be as strong as him someday. Konata sits waiting for her training to begin as the boys sit on the sidelines cheering her on. "Go Konata!", yell out the boys and other esteem boosting phrases.

Skiadrum then approaches the young child. "Alright Konata...today you will be learning how to use the shadows around you to make magic...", says the large dragon making her stand up as they begin the training. The boys watch their younger sister go through pain and hard work over the past few days learning to control the shadows around her. She slowly grows taking only a year to master shadow dragon slayer magic. Konata now five, Rogue now eight, Gajeel now ten.

* * *

Konata now learning to speak as well begins to excel at school work and sports. "Konata...it is now for you to learn to use iron dragon slayer magic.", says Metalicana as the boys watch their little sister go through much more tough training and must endure every second of it. The training takes Konata a year and a half to master iron dragon slayer magic. Konata now 6 and a half, Rogue 9 and a half, Gajeel 11 and a half.

* * *

The siblings have successfully trained for years with the dragons Metalicana, and Skiadrum. Now it was time for them to fight them... "Gajeel, Rogue, and Konata..you have done well these past few years and we have never been more proud to have you three as our children..", says Skiadrum as Metalicana agrees nodding his head. "You are now going to prove your skills by fighting us the dragons you were born to slay", says Metalicana as the children's eyes widen. "Wh-What do you mean fight you!", yells out Gajeel as the siblings all shake their heads saying they can't. "You are weak if you can't do this", says Metalicana as Skiadrum nods in agreement.

"I-I can't do it... ", says Konata as she's in tears and shakes her head balling her fists. "Konata..", says Rogue worriedly as he hugs her. "We can't do it! Konata can't do it!", yells Rogue as Skiadrum walks up to him and whacks him with his tail. "DO IT NOW!", yells Skiadrum as Metalicana joins in at attacking the children. Konata is knocked out of Rogue's arms and hangs off a cliff. "A-Ah! I'm slipping!", says Konata as Rogue reaches for her hand but she slips. "Konata!", yells Rogue as he watches her fall and Gajeel looks towards the cliff wide eyed. "K-Konata...", he murmurs then roars enraged. "How could you do that to her!?", yells Gajeel as Metalicana steps on him about to crush him.

"Gajeel!", yells Rogue running after him blowing Metalicana off of him as he helps him up. "I can't lose you too! We have to fight!", says Rogue in tears as he gets into a fighting stance. "Rogue....", murmurs Gajeel as he looks back at the cliff an then up at Metalicana. "Konata...", he quietly says also getting into fighting position. "I'm sorry...Metalicana..", says Gajeel and he charges at the dragon beginning to duke it out with their loved ones. "Skiadrum! I don't want to hurt you! Please stop!", yells Rogue as he is jumping and dodging the attacks from the large overpowering dragon. "You will fight Rogue!", roars the dragon blowing him away as he stands up running back to attack.

Gajeel who is successfully fighting his dragon but still heartbroken from his loss...Metalicana disappears. "Wh-What...", says Gajeel looking around him in a flurry. "Where did he go...", he asks himself but the dragon that was once here was no where to be found. "Rogue!", yells out Gajeel as he notices his younger brother fighting Skiadrum blindly in sadness, fear, and anger. "Gajeel then looks down to the ground falling to his knees...he finally broke down into tears. "Ko-Konata...Rogue...", he cries. "Why can't i protect them...WHY? WHY? WHY? DAMMIT!?", Gajeel roars blowing Skiadrum and Rogue into the forest. "He looks around him and sees his brother no where to be found nor the dragon.

"K-Konata?....R-Rogue?", stutters Gajeel looking around him he can't see anyone or anything but the forest and the cave he used to live in. "I-I lost them both...", he says crying and punching the ground till his knuckles bleed. "I need to find them...they aren't gone...they must be here...", says Gajeel as he begins looking for Konata down in the trench but can't find her...not even her remains. "Konata...no please you cant be gone...i'm sorry i wasn't able to protect you.. please forgive me and come back..", says Gajeel crying even harder till the point he puked. The young eleven and a half year old boy then went to search for his younger brother Rogue in the woods. Hoping he would find him and the dragon.

Gajeel looked for the rest of the day and all night but, no sign of his siblings...or their remains. "WHYYYYYYYYYYY!?", cries out Gajeel as the birds flee from the forest from the loud noise. "I'm all alone...", he says to himself quietly. He then heads back to the cave skipping dinner and hits the hay.

Gajeel looked day and night non-stop looking for his siblings. He went on for a month hardly eating. He knew if he didn't he would have died and not seen his family again. Gajeel then realized that they weren't coming back... ever. The young boy packs up his things and what he has left of his family memories and begins is journey. Somewhere far away to start anew. "Somewhere new...I Gajeel Redfox will make it through this cold world.", say the boy and off he went.

(P.s. I nearly cried writing this chapter)