The Good the Bad and the Blonde

Mabel helped Soos and Melody make breakfast every morning. This morning Dipper and I were too busy getting in every ounce of sleep that we could, though Mabel called it "sleeping in"

I arrived at the breakfast table before Dipper, he was still upstairs snoring. His snores sounded strangely like Waddles. Waddles would've come to Gravity Falls with us but mom and dad refused. (Plus this time we didn't have Stan to threaten and/or bribe the driver into letting a pig on the bus)

Mabel handed me a plate of pancakes stacked high enough to replicate the size of my head. On top of the stack was a crazy amount of whipped cream and sprinkles.

"Uh, Mabel? Isn't this a bit much?" I asked as I sat down and reached past the orange juice for the maple syrup.

Mabel smiled and rolled her eyes "Geez you're starting to sound like Dipper, too." she said, referring to the fact that I was a clone (duh)

Being an exact copy of Dipper bothered me when I really thought about it. I had my own personality and stuff, but sometimes people didn't seem to see Dipper and I as separate people, ya' know? I don't want to be seen as a clone, I just want people to see me as me. Which I guess is how all twins (er, Triplets) feel.

Why was I letting myself get wrapped up in these thoughts? I pulled myself out them, (the thoughts) pushing the especially dramatic ones to the back of my mind and cutting into the towering stack of pancakes with my fork.

I'd replace food with those bad thoughts any day.

. . . . . . . .

Dipper almost slept till noon. I had to wake him up so he wouldn't sleep through his shift down in the Gift Shop.

Wendy was late too, she showed up to work nearly and hour after we opened shop. She looked flustered and wide-eyed as she rushed in and hastily sat herself behind the counter. Melody stopped by the cash register, looking concerned.

"What happened, Wendy? Where've ya been?" Melody asked.

Wendy was fixing her pony tail as she replied, "I'm so sorry, I was out of gas so I had to walk here."

This was the part that I overheard. I hadn't meant to eavesdrop, it just sorta happened

"Wait, you walked here? When was the last time you stopped for gas?" Melody pressed.

Wendy's face fell and she looked down at her hiking boots, ". . . A few days, maybe a week." her voice was low so only Melody could hear.

I almost dropped the broom I was holding when I realized. That was why she drove us to the pool in the golf cart.

"You know if you need any help with anything, even financial wise, we're here for ya," Melody said in a low voice, "you're like a sister to me, Wendy, you can tell me anything."

Wendy nodded without making eye contact.

I wondered if maybe she was too proud to admit that she needed help. I never really put much thought into what Wendy's life was like now. She was close to being in her twenties. Wait, aren't people her age supposed to be in college?

I hadn't realized that as I was lost in thought I had been staring vacantly into space. Mabel was waving her hands over my glazed eyes and calling "Hellooo! Earth to Ty!"