Dipper's Secret

I'm not sure how to feel about seeing what I saw. Heck, I didn't think I'd ever witness Dipper kiss a girl. Or, a girl kiss him, I'm not really sure how it all happened exactly.

As soon as we saw it, we darted in the opposite  direction, back to the Mystery Shack as fast as our legs would allow us to run.

We collapsed in the living room, our chests heaving up and down, struggling to catch our breath. It felt like my lungs were on fire. For a while we just sat there breathing heavily and debating what to do with this newfound information.

Dipper walked into the living room a few minutes later.

"Are you two okay?" He asked suspiciously.

"Yep," Mabel and I said at the same time.
Dipper stared at us for a moment but didn't seem to show any reaction towards our strange behavior.

"How did the interview go?" Mabel asked innocently.

Dipper shrugged, "I dunno. Her schedule doesn't match up with the available shifts, I don't see why she even bothered applying for a job at all."

I glanced at Mabel, who asked once more "anything interesting happen?"

Dipper shook his head, "Nah, just a normal, boring job interview," he said with a shrug, then headed upstairs to the attic.

Mabel and I watched him leave with narrowed eyes. How could he lie to us about something so huge? So what if I'm hiding something. . (okay, fine. I'm a hypocrite) but still, this could be the beginning of a real relationship with him and Pacifica.

"I've gotta get him to spill!" Mabel exclaimed, her teeth clenched in frustration.

"No, Mabel- we've gotta stay low for now, he'd kill us if he found out- plus your spying sprees would be exposed."

Mabel nodded in consideration, "Fair point."

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Wendy was the first person we told. It was a Tuesday afternoon, Dipper was out running an errand while Mabel and I had the day off.

"NO. WAY." Wendy gasped. We were all sitting on her bed, she was clutching a pillow to her chest so tightly it looked like the pillow would burst in a flurry of down feathers.

"But honestly I've always thought they'd be a cute couple. . ." Wendy mused. Mabel nodded,
I didn't really agree. They were kinda. . . "cute" I guess but Dipper was basically the personification of awkward, and Pacifica was well- Pacifica! Awkward and Pacifica did not mix.

I decided to change the topic, "got anymore plans for our awesome summer?"

"Duh!" Wendy said, "I've got the entire
Summer planned for you guys, and it is, in fact, awesome."

"May we ask what the plans for tonight are?"

"Of course not, stupid."

. . . . . . . .

We left the Shack around midnight, the same time we broke into the pool. Wendy had loaded the golf cart with two big duffle bags and had insisted that we all wear black.

"I feel like a ninja," Mabel said, her bright smile practically glowing in the dark, "hi-yah!"
"Ow." Came Dipper's reply, Mabel had karate-chopped him in the shoulder.

We drove for about twenty minutes before stopping in front of a nice-looking house in the middle of one of the fanciest neighborhoods. (You know those certain neighborhoods where all the preppy upper-class citizens live)

Wendy hopped out of the driver's seat and slung a bag over her shoulder and handed the other bag to Dipper, who unlike Wendy struggled to hoist his over his shoulder without collapsing under the weight.

We walked a block or two before Wendy stopped in front of one of the biggest houses I've ever seen.

"Whose house is this?" I asked.

"It's Pacifica's," Wendy replied innocently. Mabel stifled a laugh. I glanced at Dipper, he was staring at the house in what looked to be awe. Or maybe he was horrified at the thought of what we would be doing.

"Sooo. . .what're we doing?" Mabel asked.

Wendy reached into her bag and fished out a roll of toilet paper and tossed one to her then me. Dipper fumbled for the zipper on his bag and grasped his own roll of toilet paper.

"Yes! I've always wanted to TP a house!" Mabel whisper-shouted. We all trailed behind Wendy, she motioned for each of us to split up and work on different sides of the house.

It took me a good five minutes or so, once I finished I wondered over to check out everyone else's progress.

Dipper was struggling to toss his roll over a tree to hang the paper in the branches. I sighed and walked over to him.

"This is pathetic, you're not even trying." I said with a chuckle.

"Shut up, I'm trying the best I can." Dipper whispered back. His hands were shaky and his aim was really bad.

"Why are you so nervous?"

"I'm not nervous."

"You're shaking."

"So what?"

I gave up. He was never gonna tell me, probably the person who was closest to him about Pacifica. It's not like it mattered that much, it was just a kiss. Why was I so mad about this?

I shoved my hands in my pockets and left to find Mabel and Wendy. When I caught up with them, they had covered most of the yard in toilet paper. It looked like it had snowed in the middle of June.

"Woah this is amazing!" I grinned. Mabel held up a palm for a high-five, I smiled back and returned the high-five.

"We're not done just yet!" Wendy whispered, she grabbed something from her bag and revealed it to be a bottle of syrup. She handed one to each of us.

"Cover the porch steps, I'll get the driveway!"

. . . . . . . .

Dipper was silent for the entire ride home. I couldn't believe that he was acting all mad at us, he was the one keeping the big secret from us!

When we got back to the attic he never said a word even as we walked upstairs and crawled into bed. Not a single word.

Ha. See if I care, I thought as I tossed and turned in my bed that night.

You're not the only one who can keep secrets.