Friends and Flannel

The doorbell rang followed by Mabel's thunderous footsteps as she ran down the stairs to open the door.

Dipper and I were in the living room watching reruns of Ghost Harassers with Abulita when we heard the overly excited screams coming from the door.

"Candy and Grenda are here for their job interview!!!" Mabel exclaimed, rushing in with her two best friends. Candy gave us a feeble wave while Grenda beamed and grunted, "Hi!" (her deep voice hadn't changed at all)

And with that, the three rushed into Soos's office (previously belonging to Stan) and disappeared with the only trace of their presence being random giggles and shouts.

Dipper looked at me and asked, "remind me again why everyone's just okay with Mabel's friends working here?"

I shrugged, "I dunno, I'm not exactly siked about it, but I don't want to have to be the one to tell Mabel that it's probably not gonna work out."

Dipper nodded in a way to show that he agreed with me.

I wasn't sure what we were gonna do all day with Mabel busy. Plus it has started to lightly drizzle outside, so we were pretty much out of options of things to do.

The show on the TV cut to a commercial break. Both Dipper and I groaned. He took out his cellphone and began furiously typing away.

I leaned over and saw that he was texting Wendy;

Dipper: wayd

Wendy: nothin

Dipper: mind if we come over? We're bored (with a sleepy emoticon)

Wendy: idk

Dipper: common plz

Wendy didn't reply. A few minutes passed along with a few more of Dipper's messages and there was still nothing. No reply. He frowned at his phone, slipped it in his pocket and stood up.

"What're you doing?" I asked, not feeling too keen on leaving my cozy spot on the carpeted floor.

Dipper slipped on his trucker hat and pulled on a jacket as he said, "Wendy's been dragging us all across town against our will- now it's our turn."

First off- I wouldn't call one small break-in "dragging us across town"

Second- who is this guy who just suggested the most outgoing, spontaneous, un-Dipper thing to do??

". . . aaaand why?"

Dipper rolled his eyes and threw a jacket at me, "Come on, I don't want to stay cooped up in this shack all day."

. . . . . . . .

I'm not so sure if trudging through the rain just to make a surprise visit to Wendy's house was really worth it. My sneakers were caked in mud and my jacket was soaked through, my t shirt was beginning to dampen. (My hair was probably ten times more curly)

Wendy's house was a simple cabin with plaid curtains hanging in the windows. I pictured there to be a taxidermy deer head hanging above the mantel or something.