Blonde Date pt. 2

I had never felt so uncomfortable in my own skin- it felt like I was literally walking in Dipper's body rather than just the clothes we had switched. (Exactly how and when we switched clothes is an awkward story for another time.)

I was sitting in a booth waiting for Pacifica when I heard my phone buzz.

Dipper: is she there yet???

I rolled my eyes and slipped my phone back in my pocket. Knowing Dipper, he was probably spying on me from the window beside me. I glanced outside and heaved a relieved sigh when I didn't see him.

I heard a bell chime as the diner's front door swung open. Pacifica walked in, looking a round the room. Her eyes lit up when she noticed me.

"Hey, Dipper!" she greeted as she slid into the booth across from me. She was wearing a sleeveless lake foam green dress, matching heels, and a white purse.

"Hey, Paz," I said while forcing what I hoped to come across to her as a welcoming smile. It felt weird using the pet name Dipper gave her, it put a funny taste in my mouth.

This is when I finally replied to Dipper's message.

She's here.

Send.

Before I could attempt making conversation, Lazy Susan had appeared with her notepad and pen ready to take our order.

"What can I get you two this evening?"

I nodded toward Pacifica. "You can order first."

"Oh, okay. I'll have a diet Pitt-Cola and-" she skimmed through the menu and turned back to Susan "- the Greek salad with low fat dressing."

Lazy Susan nodded and scribbled down on her notepad, then glanced at me.

"I'll just have a vanilla shake and fries."

When Lazy Susan disappeared to the kitchen to  place our orders, Pacifica turned back to me.

"So what's been up with you?" she asked curiously, resting her pointed chin on her clasped fingers.

"Ah, nothing much," I said, "just got back from a fishing trip with Mabel and-" I almost said Dipper "-Ty," I finished followed by a loud gulp. It wasn't exactly a lie. . . besides the fact that I was literally masquerading as Dipper.

"Catch anything?" Pacifica pressed.

An image of Dipper telling us to help the Gobblewonker back into the lake crossed my mind.

"I guess you could say that, but we ended up throwing it back," I said with a shrug. Wow, I was surprisingly good at this lying thing.

"What about your week?" I asked.

Pacifica's ocean-blue eyes trailed up to the ceiling in thought.

"Nothing much, my parents are still nagging me about getting a job though," she said with a look of disgust at the thought of working.

Lazy Susan set our food down on the table. "Enjoy!" she said cheerfully, then left to take the next customer's order.

I popped a fry in my mouth followed by a long  sip of my shake. I hadn't realized how hungry I'd been, now I wished that I'd ordered a full meal.

"Speaking of my parents," Pacifica said while twirling a lock of blonde hair with her manicured finger. "They can't wait for you to meet them tonight!"