Fishin' Buddies

"Why do I have to wear a blindfold?" Dipper asked as Mabel and I guided him along the pier. I found it surprising that Dipper couldn't tell that we were at the lake just by the fishy smell.

"That's how surprises work, genius." I replied sarcastically. It was Mabel's idea to take Dipper out on the lake and then tell him about what we knew about Pacifica. This way he'd be forced to listen, on a boat there's no where else to go! (and there'd be witnesses if he killed us)

After sitting him down on the boat we had rented and removing his blindfold, Dipper squinted as his eyes adjusted. His expression turned bored as he said, "Fishing? Seriously?"

"Yeah!" Mabel exclaimed, "it'll be fun!"

"Mabel, do you remember what happened last time we went fishing?"

Mabel smiled fondly at the memory, "Yes, and we had an awesome time- after all the chaos with the lake monster and junk."

I gulped hard enough to make my Adam's apple bob up and down as I stuttered out, "lake monster?"

"The legendary Gravity Falls Gobblewonker! Dipper, Soos and I went to search for it that summer but it turned out to be a robot controlled by old man McGuckett." She explained rather calmly, though the thought of a mysterious lake monster sounded horrifying to me.

"So what you're saying is that you never found the real thing?" I asked.

"Well that's the thing," Dipper said, "we never found out whether or not the Gobblewonker was real."

A shiver snaked down my spine as I glanced into the murky water. I no longer wanted to be in this potential death trap you call a boat. I was actually beginning to feel sick.

"Let's get this party started!" Mabel said, cranking up the motor, sending the boat speeding off through the water. Neither Dipper or Mabel seemed to notice the vivid shade of green my face had turned.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

We came to a stop on the far side of the lake, not too far from the shore of Scuttlebutt Island (Pffft, hahaha. . . butt)

Now was the time to tell Dipper.

"Okay, tell him, Ty."

I gulped, "why does it have to me me??" I hissed through clenched teeth. I was already feeling sick just from being on the boat, I wasn't too sure if I could handle the pressure of explaining everything to Dipper.

"Fine," Mabel huffed, turning to face her brother.

"TYANDISAWYOUANDPACIFICAKISS!" She said it all so quickly and nervously it all seemed to blend into gibberish. (But when you're around Mabel long enough, you're soon able to interpret anything she says)

"You what?!" Dipper exclaimed.

I was beginning to think that the boat wasn't such a good idea. We were a foot away from each other on the tiny rental boat, and Dipper looked capable enough of pushing us overboard (and that was the last thing I wanted at the moment)

"We're really sorry, we didn't mean to-"

"Actually we kinda did. . ." Mabel muttered guiltily under her breath. Dipper's eyes narrowed lividly and his nostrils were beginning to flare like a raging bull.

"Shut up! It was your idea!" I exclaimed frantically. At this point I just wanted to get this over with and get back to the shore before Dipper had the chance to unleash his rage.

"I can't believe that you would invade my privacy like that!" Dipper shouted, his neck and face turning blotchy red.

"We're sorry," I said sincerely, "we didn't realize tha-"

"That I actually have a life too?!" Dipper cut me off furiously.

A few people across the lake were beginning to stare at us. I began to wish that I could shrink down into my life vest and hide from all the glares they were shooting at us.

There was a loud thump from beneath us, causing our boat to rock back and forth, threatening to overturn into the murky water.

"What the heck was that?!" I exclaimed, gripping the sides of the boat out of fear of falling overboard. Dipper's rage momentarily subsided as he glanced around the boat and examined the water.

"That's weird, I don't see anyt-"

Whatever it was had just hit beneath our boat with a force so great, it sent all three of us tumbling over the edge of the boat and into the water. My terrified scream was muffled by the bubbles that escaped my lips in place of my breath. I kicked up and took in a deep breath of air once I broke above the surface.

I lashed around in the water in search of Dipper and Mabel, I found them swimming towards the shore of Scuttlebutt island. I desperately swam after them (I can't really swim so it was more of a frantic doggy-paddle)

When I reached the shore we were all freezing and out of breath. We sat down to rest on the shore and watched helplessly as the remains of our boat slowly sank into the water.

"Well, looks like we're stuck here." I said breathlessly.

"Yup." Mabel echoed.

We glanced at Dipper, who had his arms crossed and eyes narrowed into even angrier slits than before. Mabel and I shared a scared look as we came to realize that we were stuck on an Island, alone, with Dipper.

No cell phones.

No boat.

No help.

Just us and Dipper's boiling anger, ready to burst at any second. . .

Crap.