Not the norm #2

3rd Person POV:

Day 30

"Jagiya, breakfast is ready," Yongguk pecked her cheek lightly as she stirred up from her sleep.

"Oh, is it? I'll be there right away," she smiled and kiss his cheek back.

He turned around and made a disgusted face so she wouldn't see.

C'mon Yongguk. It's just 335 more days.

"You okay?" She asked as she sat in front of him.

He slapped himself, "Y-Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing," she pursed her lips, "You just look distracted. Is something wrong?"

"Everything's fine. Just eat, hmm? We'll go somewhere later."

"Where?" She eye-smiled, excited about what Yongguk planned.

"It's a surprise," he winked.

She pouted, "That's not fun."

"It'll be fun once we get there. Wear something nice. Not too flashy and not a dress, okay?" He ruffled her hair lightly and put the dishes away.

She followed suit and before she could start washing the dishes, Yongguk swiftly caught her off her feet and walked up the stairs to her room.

"What are you doing?" She laughed and hit his chest lightly.

"Carrying my princess to her room," he pecked her cheek, making her giggle.

"You're so weird," she laughed as she got on the floor again.

"Get ready in 30 minutes. We'll leave then."

"Okay!" She grinned like a little kid and went ahead to prepare herself.

Her white tee was tucked into her black jeans and a pink, white flannel was tied across her waist. She let her hair down— since Yongguk said he preferred it that way— she topped it off with her specs and maroon high cut converse.

Yongguk wore something similar, only that he was wearing his red, black flannel and he was wearing black sneakers along with a SnapBack worn in reverse.

"Let's go," he intertwined their fingers together and walked out of the mansion together, "We'll walk there. Is that fine by you?"

She nodded.

Yongguk stopped on his tracks as they stood in front of a Jewellery shop.

There was this beautiful diamond necklace and he remembered Haeun wanting him to get that for her.

He told her to wait, for a year. When Aerin regains her memory, he'll go back for her. She said okay, she'll wait. But just the day before, he already caught her with another guy.

While texting to confront her, it only took her a few words to make his whole world crash down on him.

I'm sorry Yongguk. I don't want to wait for someone who may give his heart away to another girl during that one year. I already sense it. Sorry but I'm breaking your heart before you'll break mine.

"You like that?" Aerin peered over his shoulder and looked at the necklace.

"W-What? N-No. It's so gay for me to like that."

"Really?" She raised her eyebrows, "I like I though. It looks cute."

"Do you want to get it?" He held her hand tighter and smiled at her.

She chuckled and shook her head, "It's fine. I don't need one anyways."

The walked up the street even more and that soon came to a stop when they were at the doorstep of a building with the walls filled with posters reading; Adoption of Dogs.

"Wait......." Aerin gaped, "Are we getting a dog?"

"Surprise!" Yongguk smiled.

Yongnam: She hates dogs

The previous year, Yongguk brought a dog home for a day to scare Aerin. It worked but only for a few minutes since she decided to lock herself in her room.

"Oh my god!" She yelled, "You're the best!"

She hugged him and sprinted into the adoption center, only to make Yongguk confused.

Wait, what?

"Aww, aren't you cute!" She cooed as she held onto one of the corgis. But... It's a limping dog.

It was limping around unlike the other dogs which where jumping and running around. Its face, literally lit up as Aerin picked it up in her arms.

"Ma'am, are you planning on adopting this dog?" The center's owned smiled as she approached Aerin.

Aerin looked over to Yongguk who was at the entrance door, with eyes filled with anticipation.

He looked at the dog and her, finally nodding, making her hang the biggest smile on her face ever.

"Can I play with it?" She smiled and carried the dog in her hands.

"Of course. It's name is Jae by the way."

"Thank you so much!" Aerin squealed and brought Yongrin to the backyard.

"Hello sir, maybe you can help that fine lady fill up this adoption form."

Yongguk snapped out from his daze and looked over to the owner, "Ah! Nae, will do."

"You have a lovely Girlfriend," the owner smiled as Yongguk handed her the form back, "She's the first one I've ever met who has ever felt that Jae is adorable. Jae is a really special dog. He lost the power in one limb because he saved a little boy from being knocked down from a car. But he himself got knocked instead."

"They're both... Really special," Yongguk smiled as he caught sight of Aerin playing with Yongrin.

"Yup. They sure are. Cherish them," she said wisely, "Especially her."

"She looks like one who'll easily be broken, take care of her well?" the owner warned.

Yongguk gave her a reassuring smile, "Of course."

Yongguk looked over to her and a small smile spread across his face but it immediately faded when he asked himself something, "I'm not falling for the one I hate, aren't I?"