Fly High #1: Day One

Sorry I haven't been updating as much. My baby Cousin fell sick and I was on 'babysitting' duty so my grandma won't be too busy. I'll try to update often after Christmas since I'll be on holiday next week too.

I hope y'all have a Merry Christmas and spend the holiday well with your family and loved ones <3

---

Zelo's POV:

"Gosh, it's still pretty chilly even though it's March," Sungjae commented as we were on our way to our classroom for the year.

Now as seniors, it's a crucial year to do our best but academics have never really been my thing, so, you know.

"It's early spring, Sungjae. I'm sure it'll get warmer after a week or two," Jongup replied as he slipped his earphones into his pocket.

"What's your plan for this year?" Sungjae asked again as we got into the allocated classroom.

"Sleep," Ilhoon stretched before plopping down on his chosen table, Sungjae then sitting beside him.

Me and Jongup sat in front of the two and turned our chairs the other way round to face them.

"I'm gonna' try to work harder to pull my scores. My Hyung isn't happy," Jongup sighed.

"You're pretty smart, you just have to stop dozing off every ten minutes into class, "Ilhoon yawned and replied.

"True," he mused.

I smiled and plopped my chin on my palm, "I'm gonna' be the same but just spend more time with Jihyo."

The guys rolled their eyes and turned around, as if they never heard what I just said. I understand. They just have this hatred against my Girlfriend. She's a nice girl. I don't really understand what's up with them, to be very honest.

Then, there was a knock on the door and Mr Jung walked in with... a younger looker lady. Well, she looks like a teenager. But she isn't in our school uniform. Even if she were a student, she shouldn't be here. The boys and girls in our school is separated into two different buildings. Before my questions could continue, I stood up along with the class to greet them.

"Hi boys, I'm your homeroom teacher again this year!" Mr Jung smiled and we cheered.

Meet Mr Jung Daehyun, our homeroom teacher since we were freshmen. It's the third and sadly last year he'll be our homeroom teacher, though. He's a rather cheerful teacher and gets along well with us students with his open character. He teaches us Korean history and Sciences.

I'm more curious about the lady however.

"I'm sure all of you are wondering who this lady is," he signalled for her to start talking.

She sent him a polite grin in return before speaking up, "Hi, I'm Miss Park, Park Jiyeol. I'll be your assistant homeroom teacher for the year. I've been teaching for three years and I'll be taking your class for Literature and Geography."

The class clapped after her short introduction and we got straight to the rules part for the year. We got our timetables for the year and information about our clubs. I'm in Basketball along with Ilhoon.

Basketball is the only thing I look forward to in school, sadly.

I looked up from my schedule and locked gazes with Ms Park, she got a little startled by my gaze but returned me a small smile before helping a classmate of mine sort out his schedule.

I sighed. Amongst the four of us, only I am taking Literature, the other three all take Social Studies. Hopefully Ms Park won't be as boring as that old hag who took out literature lessons last year. Goodness gracious, was she so lengthy with her lessons.

Well, if all goes well... maybe I'll try putting in some effort into my work. Only because Jihyo likes me that way. Thinking out Jihyo... something about her seems really off lately.

Maybe it's just her Sister again. The boys said they saw Jihyo with some guy from the class next door at the mall nearby. Maybe... they're just friends. We've been together for two years already, I'm sure she won't do anything behind my back. She's a great girl.

---

Park Jiyeol's POV:

Hi, I'm Park Jiyeol, a fellow teacher of TSU, TS University. As you would've already known from Junhong-ssi's introduction above mine, I teach Literature and Geography.

I'm the same age as my co partner, Daehyun, whom is also known as my Cousin. Just that no ones knows. We're just known as good friends.

Our moms are sisters and this we've known each since we were in diapers. He's the same age as me but he loves to act like he's older. He's annoying but he does become my role mode when he's teaching.

I passed the year's schedules down the row of students and made my way to one after catching sight of his raised hand, questioning me about the subject allocation of his.

As I was helping to clarify his doubts, I felt someone staring, snapping my head upwards to meet the eyes of another student. Staring at his white name tag, it read Choi Junhong. Right, I know this boy.

Daehyun told me Junhong is the type of student to not do this homework and score badly for exams but he's actually a very warm hearted kid behind his scary height and cold stone aura.

Maybe I can try to approach him, for a change. Changes don't hurt as long as they do you good, don't they?