Fly High #8: Graduation

This is relatively short chapter so the next one— 'Sanha', will be posted along with it :))

Enjoy!

---

3rd Person POV:

The anxious students were dressed neatly in their slick black graduation gowns, all ready to collect the results of their national exams before going to the real world and pursue their dreams.

Many nervously sat with their classes and expressed their nervousness through their words, rambling on and on about they paths they would be pursuit after university.

The Teachers started streaming in soon after, dressed in their best attire with their names and department on a pretty gold badge pinned on the left of their clothes.

The principal took his stand at the mic stand and started his speech, an automatic signal for the school to quieten down.

Everyone paid attention to the overall results of the students and accomplishments the school had achieved throughout the year. Following that, every teacher of each class made their speech to the whole school individually.

Following that, individual awards were given to students who performed in non academic sectors.

Jongup even got the Best Dancer award from a national competition.

Soon enough, it was time for the results to be announced. Homeroom Teachers stood behind two tables and gave out the result booklets one by one. Daehyun and Jiyeol even personally wrote letters for their students.

"Chulhyun Kim," Daehyun called out to the students, Chulhyun stood up and smiled, making his way to the cousins.

"Congratulations, you did very well," Daehyun smiled with a pleased expression.

"Thank you for your contributions to the school, Chulhyun," Jiyeol beamed and handed him the letters.

Chulhyun nervously took the results and letter before returning to his seat.

Jiyeol stared at the next name on the list before calling out his name timidly, "Choi Junhong."

No one stood up.

Jiyeol stared at Daehyun in confusion. He only shrugged.

"Choi Junhong," they called out again.

Again, no one answered.

"Just move on to the next name," Daehyun instructed.

"Okay then," she nodded as she stared at the name list.

Where on earth is he?

She shook her head, "Eunhyuk Im."

---

The class gathered in their classroom as instructed specially by Daehyun and Jiyeol.

They were having a final class party to commemorate their class day in TSU. It's been a long bittersweet journey and now, it's time to face the world on their own.

Daehyun and Jiyeol had each chipped in some money to treat the kids to some good food so the heavy smell of finger food filled the room in the negative three degrees weather.

Jiyeol placed another gift she got from the boys down at the side of the Teacher's table and sat down beside Daehyun, making a satisfied sigh.

Daehyun grinned, "How are you feeling now, dear Cousin?"

She chuckled, "Very proud."

They should be very proud. Their class earned the highest score in the whole school and half of the top fifty students from their class of forty. It's definitely very good news.

"Me too," Daehyun nodded in agreement.

Jiyeol fiddled with her fingers, "Where is he?"

Daehyun stared at her, she was boring her eyes on the wooden floor, then wrapping her coat around her self tighter.

"He... I shouldn't be the one telling you," Daehyun's voice trailed off, "Jongup-ah," he called to the students.

The latter immediately got the cue and took his bag, making his way to Jiyeol, "Hey, Ms Park."

She sent him a weak smile, she didn't have a good feeling about this, "Yes, Jongup?"

He smiled, an apologetic one, "Junhonggie instructed me to give you this," he pulled out a small box wrapped in pale lavender, handing it over to her with two hands, "He meant to give it to you a long time ago, on that Sunday he said but, he never had the courage to do so before he left."

Her eyes shot open, "Left? To where?"

No... this can't be happened... her voice and hands were shaking. She took the gift in her hands, she doesn't want to believe her eyes but what Jongup said was said ever so clearly.

She pushed the chair backwards and dashed out the classroom to the far back of the school, she could faintly hear the shouts from Daehyun.

Clutching onto her chest, pain overwhelmed her heart as her back slid down the wall. Crouching down, she slowly opened the box, only to see the necklace from that shop in Myeongdong she went to with Junhong and a small note that laid beside it, I really like you, Jiyeol. I'm serious. -CJH

Her tears choked her and she placed the necklace and note close to her, "I'm sorry, Junhong-ah... I was foolish. I really... really like you too."

Turns out that Junhong had long ago signed a contract with the International School of Dance all the way in London. His flight to London was that late evening during prom, thus unable to get the chance to say his final goodbye to Jiyeol.

Only regrets can fill up that empty part of them now. As they move on with their individual roads now, it continues with a heavy fog, where we can't see the crossroad up ahead.