Not the Norm #4

Dedicated to: @ashiisehun !

Thank you for reading!! 💓💘 >_<

---

3rd Person POV:

The next few pages were pretty boring, all about Yongguk's daily life, written in messy bold handwriting. But what was the first page all about?

Kim Hanuel? The girl who's dating Jung Taekwon in her class?

Aerin felt confused. 2014? Yongguk said that have been dating for three years. That would've meant that they were already together since 2013. But who's this Kim Hanuel that popped out of no where?

Confused, she read on to understand more.

Then, evidence came along. There were Polaroids of Yongguk with her. Some she wish she can't see.

There were many poems too. All starting with...

To my dearest Hanuel...

She recognised Yongguk's handwriting too well. She knew him too well. Why was he lying to her all this time?

She flipped through the pages, angrily, her hands shaking from the extreme rage she was trying to keep in, tears of anguish were threatening to fall as she clenched her teeth tight.

2016

Dad said if Aerin regained her memory, the marriage will be called off. Hopefully she does...

I found Haneul with some other guy today. I confronted her and she said she was afraid I'll fall for Aerin. Why would I? I would never! I was planning to buy the necklace she wanted from the couple of weeks ago that day but you know what, I Guess we're over now. Lee Aerin, this is all your fault. I hate you.

I hate you.

Those three words were enough to finally let her tears flow freely.

They were... All... Lies?

She buried her face in her hands, still shaking from anger.

Jae barked, trying to get her attention by barking but Aerin placed him down on the couch. Holding onto the sides of her head tightly, trying to subside the pain she was feeling, she fell to the ground...

" I said, get out!" Yongguk yelled.

"No. You need help," Aerin moved towards the drunk him, but her hand hit a picture frame that laid on his desk, making it crash to the ground with a loud sound of shattering glass.

"What have you done?" He screamed again, racing towards the picture frame that has been shattered. His fingers grazed over the image of he himself with, Kim Hanuel.

"This is none of your business. It's ours, stay out of it," Yongguk breathed heavily and pushed Yongnam out of the way harshly.

"Yongnam... Let's just go—"

"Let me settle this," Yongnam pushed her away, but lightly, "Stop thinking so highly of yourself Bang Yongguk. You're nothing but some ungrateful—"

"If you like Aerin so much, why not you marry her instead?"

"I'm just teaching you some manners."

"I don't need you to teach me any manners!" Yongguk tried to punch Yongnam right on his cheek but he hit someone else, someone who stepped between them to prevent it.

No one but Aerin.

Aerin fell to the ground, clenching her hands, her memories coming back to her slowly. She regained her memory.

That means... The wedding is going to be called off. She heard the door clicked and she hid the book below the sofa.

"Jagiya!" Yongguk smiled as he caught sight of her, pacing his things on the coffee table in the kitchen as he rushed to her side. But his expression immediately changed when he saw her face, "Were you crying?"

She sniffled and cleared a throat, "N-No."

She pushed him away and got up, making her way back to her bedroom.

Yongguk frowned and followed her, only to hear Jae barking from behind him. Turning back, he saw the book in Jae's possession.

"Holy, did you find my book? Geez I couldn't find this after I wrote about...Hanuel—shit! Did you just give this to Aerin to read?"

Jae woof-ed in response, only earning a palm in the face from Yongguk.

"Shit, what have I done," he ran up to the pale pink door, slamming his fist against the door, hard, "Aerin! I didn't mean what I wrote. Please let me in!"

"The doors' open," she muttered, just loud enough for him to hear.

He hit himself again, running to her and hugging her, "I didn't mean anything I wrote—"

"Write what?" She acted, but she's so darn good Yongguk can't even tell she was lying.

"H-Huh?"

"Write what?" She chuckled but tried to make it vague that she was hiding her feelings.

"O-Oh... Nothing. Why are you crying?" He asked, relieved that she 'didn't' read his journal.

"I-I got a 'B' for literature," she choked on her tears, trying to keep the real reason in.

Yongguk laughed and ruffled her hair, "It's just a 'B'. You have your other subjects. It's okay. Study hard for finals. I'll go take a shower and we'll go to sleep, okay?"

"Can I sleep alone, tonight?" She mumbled.

He pursed his lips, "As you wish, princess."

He leant down to kiss her forehead, "Goodnight."

Aerin did not reply him as she decided to lay down on her bed, her back facing him. Yongguk sighed and walked out, turning off the lamp in her room before returning to his.

He walked out and smiled to himself. That was close. Shouldn't let anything before I confess to her, tomorrow.

That's right. He was clear of it. He fell for her. The girl he once hated. But he never say the good in her. Everything about her was good. Just that his negativity overshadowed her beauty— her heart. Her heart is so pure, as if made of glass, he couldn't bare to break it.

But something he doesn't know, he already did.