Bodyguards #5 : Fire

A/N: Thank you guys so much for 1K reads! T.T

I checked the statistics of this book and it looks like most of you guys are from the United States!

Where are you guys from, specifically?

I'm from Singapore~~~

---

3rd Person POV:

"Good job again today, you two!" Minseok smiled as he handed the pair their drinks.

Another six terrorists taken down today. After visiting his family, Youngjae had gotten plenty of 'healing time' and was back on duty in his best state. Imjae herself also received plenty of bonding time with him.

The two sipped on their beverages as they observed the city skyline. It was certainly less chaotic in Youngjae's neighbourhood, in the slightly quieter side of Seoul. But something was wrong. The skies were too quiet and the streets too peaceful. Something felt out of place. Seoul is a bustling city of life. It isn't normal for it to be this quiet.

"You alright?" the two asked at the same time. Surprised, they stared at each other with eyes wide open before breaking out into a small laugh.

Youngjae smiled and stared at her. For the past 19 years of his life, he never knew one's heart had the ability to beat so quickly. Is it time to ask her?

"Youngjae-ah!" a loud voice shouted from the front door of the café, making everyone snap their heads towards the owner of the voice, most with an annoyed expression. Hold and behold, no surprise, it was Jung Daehyun. His uniform and hair equally messy, beads of perspiration was dripping down from his forehead.

"What's wrong, Dae? You look shocked," Imjae rushed over to him, Youngjae tagging behind, bored by the latter who came to ruin the time he was enjoying with Imjae.

Daehyun was still panting heavily but the words managed to roll out of his tongue, "T-The building beside y-your sister... sister's s-school got caught on f-fire."

"What?!" Youngjae's felt a chill go down his spine. No, no, this can't be happening. A fire?

Pushing Daehyun harshly aside, he sprinted towards his car, speeding down the road towards the school, he can't let another family member leave his side again.

Not too long after honking at multiple cars, he finally reached the scene, the building beside the school almost be burnt to ashes, the fire had just travelled to the school, making the crowd of parents scream. Many students already running out of the school and teachers too, towards the road opposite the school.

"Youngji?! Youngji-ah!" he yelled, running towards the school at full speed.

"Yoo Youngjae!" he heard people scream as he fell backwards from an impact, the sound of shattering glass rang in his ears, the fire had already taken over the second level of the school.

"Yoo Youngjae, don't!" It was Imjae, followed by Daehyun who was holding him back by his arms, in attempt to stop the idiot from running into the fire.

"My sister! I need to save my sister!" He yelled as he tried to break free from Daehyun's grasp.

"You're no in the proper gear! You can't! We'll wait for the firemen!" Imjae screamed at him through the commotion.

"Let me go!" Youngjae flared.

Imjae hit him in attempt to get him back to his senses, "You'll die in there! Stop!"

Before he could shout back at her, she turned her back against him and ran into the school's building, making many people gasp in shock, calling for her to come out again.

"Lee Imjae!" The two boys chorused but Daehyun quickly grabbed onto Youngjae again before another friend of his could step into the building on fire, "Stop! I'm not letting you in there! Trust Imjae, she's got this."

Youngjae stopped fighting back as his knees fell weak, making him fall to the ground, 'please be alright, Youngji-ah... I promised eomma to take care of you'.

Imjae coughed as she ran passed the furniture caught on fire, hearing a faint cry in the end of the first classroom, "Youngji!" she yelled, catching sight of the younger one crouched under a table with a damp shirt over her mouth.

"Imjae unnie!"she screamed, relief, running towards the teen.

"Watch out!" Imjae yelped before launching herself onto Youngji in order to avoid the falling wall.

"Shoot!" she hissed in pain as the fallen table scratched her knee. Quickly getting up, she picked up the smaller one and ran towards the exit, before making it out, hearing another cry.

"Unnie! That's Kihyuk! He was behind a shelf in the classroom!"

"Go outside. Your brother is there," she pushed Youngji under the broken front door before sprinting back into the same classroom, hearing the loud wails of a little boy.

"Youngji!" Youngjae ran towards his little sister as his eyes got flooded with tears, he quickly pulled her small body into his chest, relieved that she was alive.

"Oppa..." she called softly, "Unnie is still in there... is she okay?'

"She's a very strong person, don't worry," Daehyun reassured her as he helped Youngjae bring her to the ambulance truck before running to the front porch of the building, anxiously waiting for Imjae.

"Kihyuk? Noona is here, don't be scared, let's get you out of here," she picked the smaller figure in her arms, throwing her cardigan over him as she did, running towards the front door but before she could step out, the ceiling fell, blocking the exit.

Coughing violently from the heavy black smoke, she felt herself get weaker as the time goes. But she kept her focus, wrapping the piece of fabric over Kihyuk's mouth so he wouldn't inhale as much of the smoke.

She limped back to the classroom, their only was of escaping was the window, raising her leg, she broke the window with one kick, making the glass shatter into million of pieces, some scratching her on her legs and arms but she used them to block the child nonetheless.

Quickly, she leaped onto the window, placing the child down first.

Lagging a second behind, a loud 'bom' filled the place, scaring everyone, the school had been burnt down into flames.

"Lee Imjae!" Daehyun hollered as he caught sight of her lifeless figure on the porch, "Yah! Lee Imjae! Don't scare me!"

"Oppa! Is that unnie?" Youngji pointed at the figure Daehyun had holding in his arms, sprinting towards another ambulance truck.

"I don't know, but it's okay. It doesn't matter for now, are you okay?"

"Oppa, if you're treating unnie who risked her life to save me like that then I'm never talking to you again."

Youngjae looked over again, the paramedics scurrying to get Imjae onto the truck, her lifeless body not making any movements at all.

That was then he finally realised, she was unconscious.

Shoot, please don't scare me, Lee Imjae. Please be okay...