Chapter 1

(Ash's POV)

Today, I'm attending Kizuna Academy and not only I'll be leaving the Kanto Region once again but also postponing my plans to enter the Kalos League. It's a bummer that I can't be doing school and traveling at the same time. Though, I guess living the school life shouldn't be all bad.

Anyways, Pikachu and I almost missed the plane because I couldn't get any sleep last night and Pikachu had to give me a SHOCKING wake up call. The plane departs at freaking 6am and I have ten minutes to get my ass out of bed. Then I literally had to call up my Charizard from Professor Oak's Lab so I wouldn't be late. But we made it to the airport on time and we're now taking off.

And of course, I came in with a scorched head because Charizard was mad at me for waking it up so early. Sorry buddy.

Although I just wanna sleep through this whole flight, I couldn't stop thinking about the school. Just what kind of school is Kizuna Academy? And I didn't even want to go there in the first place since I already have my goals set to become a Pokemon Master. But what I read on my acceptance letter was something that I really couldn't ignore:

Dear Ash Ketchum,

Congratulations! Your outstanding performances in the various Pokemon Leagues and Competitions had led you to be accepted into our prestigious academy,Kizuna Academy.

We are a newly-built school whose goals are to assist future trainers and their dreams to become the very best in your Pokemon career. Your talents and accomplishments are exceptional, and we know that you will thrive here.

At Kizuna Academy, you will access to our research and programs that will help you on your career. We also offer a wide range of social and cultural activities and organizations for you to explore. Here, you will be challenged to confront, understand, and master your abilities as a Pokemon Trainer. And together with your Pokemon, you will create an unbreakable bond.

When you accept our offer of admission, we will also cover your expenses for your intuition and living accommodations as a gift. However, if you, Ash Ketchum, are somehow unable to accept our humble offer, then we have another piece of information we would like to offer only to you—

I stopped reading after that when something hard hit me straight in the face. Pikachu comforted me after he saw me slap my hand over my face and rubbing the pain away. I looked down at the source of my pain. A Pokeball.

"Ouch! Who the hell threw this?!" I shouted.

"Whoops! Sorry Ashy-boy!" a familiar voice teased me.

I raised my head towards the person who threw the Pokeball at my face.

Figures. It was Gary Oak.

"I told you not to call me that, Gary! And I'm not some Pokemon you can just throw your ball at!" I shouted and threw the ball back at him.

Damn it. He caught it.

"At least you stopped drooling to yourself looking at your letter. It's not like you're the only one who got into this academy," he said as he showed off his letter to me.

I slouched back into my seat while Pikachu laid in my lap. Can't believe Gary was going to the academy too. Basically, the plane is filled with people from Kanto who are also going to the academy.

Other than Gary, I recognized a lot of people here that I'd met when I was traveling in Kanto. Just how many people my age are going to this academy? Are the other regions like Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh going as well? If so, I might see a lot of familiar faces there.