Chapter 19

(Ash's POV)

At the Christmas party, Serena and I had confessed our love for each other. But I didn't expect that we would end up having our first... kiss. This is the perfect moment to ask her that question.

"Serena Yvonne, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked as I held her hands.

She had a surprised expression on her face and smiled.

"I've been waiting for you to ask me that question," she giggled before gazing into my eyes.

"Of course I will, Ash Ketchum."

Since last night, I keep replaying the same scene from the party inside my mind. It was almost like a dream.

But... that wasn't a dream, right?

"It's time to get up, Ash~"

Hahaha, of course it wasn't a dream.

~~~~~~~~~~

By the sound of her sweet voice, I slowly opened my eyes to see a beautiful honey blonde standing there with a charming smile.

"Good morning, Ash."

"Serena? How did you get in my room?" I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

"Your door was unlocked, so I invited myself inside."

Did Calem purposely left the door unlocked for Serena?

"You could have told me to meet you outside," I stated.

"Well, I wanted to come wake you up. But I decided not to since you were sleeping so peacefully," Serena smiled.

"You don't have to do that for me," I faced away to hide my blush.

"But I want to do this for you, Ash. Or... would you rather have Pikachu shock you awake?"

I looked over to Pikachu, who was playfully electrifying his cheeks.

"And besides..." She moved closer to my face and planted a small kiss on my lips. "... it's a girlfriend's job to come wake up her boyfriend in the morning."

I blushed at her response. "Thanks, I feel wide awake now because of you."

When I got myself up from bed, Serena let out a small giggle.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Your hair is very messy," she pointed to my bed head. "Here, let me fix it for you."

As Serena gently caresses my hair, I couldn't help but blush at the pleasant feeling of her touch.

"You have really soft and fluffy hair, Ashy-boy," Serena said playfully.

"A-Ashy-boy?! I-I don't really like being called that nickname," I retorted.

"Hahaha... Sorry, I kind of got used to hearing those two calling you that nickname, but it does sound cute," she giggled.

"W-well, you know..." I scratched my flushed cheeks. "... if it's you, then I don't mind you calling me Ashy-boy..."

Suddenly, we heard an obnoxious laugh coming from the door.

"Ahahaha! He's letting someone call him Ashy-boy!"

"Shhhhh! They'll know we're here!"

I heavily sighed and opened the door, which revealed Gary, Barry, Clemont, and Max.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" I asked bluntly.

"Uhhh... we were just—" Gary raised his hands in defense.