Chapter 30

(Ash's POV)

Since I joined the Battle Dome, I decided to make training as a weekly routine every Sunday. And as a result, Fletchinder evolved into Talonflame and Sliggoo evolved into Goodra.

"Talonflame, use Flame Charge repeatedly! And Goodra, use Bide to endure them!"

Goodra endured Talonflame's attacks until Goodra's body started to emit a red glow. Then Goodra fired a white beam directly at Talonflame, but he managed to dodge at the last second.

"Good job, guys! Your Bide got really strong, Goodra! And Talonflame, your movements were really fast from Flame Charge! I'm proud of you guys, but..."

When Talonflame dodged the attack, Goodra's Bide ended up destroying Cilan's favorite tree.

"We're gonna be so screwed if Cilan finds out that we obliterated his favorite Lum Berry Tree," I sweat dropped.

"Then you better have a Lum Berry and a Wailmer Pail because you're going to need 48 hours or 2 whole days to get a fully grown tree~" a voice said teasingly.

I turned around to see a person wearing a theatre mask like the one from the Pokemon Purge.

"Wah! Don't purge me for killing a tree!" I yelled and backed away.

"... it's just me, Ashy-boy," Leafia unmasked herself. "You need to stop watching horror films with Barry and Lucas because I can hear you guys scream like little girls from my residence hall."

"I wasn't screaming like a little girl!" I retorted.

"Really? But these pictures tell a different story~"

Leafia took out 4 pictures and showed them to me, which instantly made me embarrassed.

"Wh-where did you get those pictures?!" I stuttered.

"Misty, May, Dawn, and Iris gave them to me as a gift for Christmas because I just adore having pictures of my beautiful childhood friend, Ashley Ketchum~" Leafia giggled.

I didn't know those damn girls secretly took a picture of me being forced to cross-dress as a girl. I mean, the clothes were comfortable, but still! I was terrified when a lovesick Brock managed to convince his love for me as Juliet!

"Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to show them to Serena," Leafia smiled deviously. "But if you like, I'll gladly show them to her~"

"No! Please don't show them to Sere..."

I paused when I noticed that her left hand was badly scalded.

"What happened to your hand?" I inquired.

"O-oh, this?" Leafia looked away and hides her hand. "I-I was working on my cooking skills last night, but I ended up burning myself."

"But your burns doesn't look like something you get from cooking. You need to get it treated as soon as possible."

"I'm planning to see Brock afterwards, so don't worry about me. And I'll probably take the day off from school tomorrow."

"That's a good idea."

"Well, I'll see you later, Ashy-boy~"

Once Leafia disappeared from my sight, my smile dropped.

When Leafia averts her gaze, it means that she's not telling the truth.

That's what Gary told me a long time ago.

Leafia is the type of person who can captivate people through eye contact alone, except when her lying habits are showing.