Chapter 18

A/N: Here's a veeeeery long chapter for the late Christmas/New Year Special!

Oh, and look! I updated my Amourshipping Christmas picture to show Serena with shorter hair :P

~~~~~~~~~~

(Serena's POV)

The cultural festival will begin on December 24th, which means it will also be Christmas on the following day. I haven't bought any presents, so I went shopping in the city with the girls.

"How come Dawn didn't want to come with us? I bet she wanted to buy some presents for her friends, too," Misty asked.

"Dawn told me she already bought her presents beforehand," I replied.

"And besides, she's busy designing the outfit I requested," May added.

"She's making an outfit for you?" I asked.

"Nope, it's actually for you, but the outfit is a secret~" May smiled mischievously.

Sometimes, May scares me when she does that smile. What is she and Dawn planning now? Probably has to do something with Ash, but I don't know what the outfit would be. Hopefully, it's not embarrassing as the nurse outfit from a month ago.

We checked out various shops and bought suitable gifts for our friends. Let's see... I got my presents for Calem, Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, Clemont, Bonnie... including my Pokemon... That's everyone!

"Aren't you going to get Ash something for Christmas?" Iris inquired.

"Actually, I wasn't going to buy a gift for him..." I said shyly.

"Huh? Wait! Don't tell me you're going to seduce him on Christmas?!" May asked sarcastically.

"Wow, I never knew you were so bold," Iris teased.

Oh my Arceus. They're totally thinking of something else.

Misty facepalmed. "You two think she would do something like that? We're still in high school for goodness' sake!"

"M-Misty's right, girls! Whatever you're thinking is not what I'm trying to do for him! The reason I'm not buying him a gift because I made something for him instead," I explained.

"Ooooh~ That's what you meant... Then are you planning to give Ash 'I made this with love' gift?" May asked with a grin.

"Y-yes," I replied while blushing.

"Aww~ How cute and original for Serena to do~" Iris teased.

"Oh! I got an idea, Serena! How about you confess to him on Christmas?" May asked.

I became flustered. "C-confess to Ash? But I don—"

May places her hands on my shoulders and stared right into my eyes.

"Listen, Serena! You've liked Ash for a long time and you finally got to see him again at Kizuna Academy. And it's been like what, almost four months since you've reunited with him? That's plenty of time to realize your true feelings for him, and as well as his feelings towards you!"

She took a deep breath before resuming.

"So you can't keep standing by the sidelines forever! You have to tell him! Or else another girl will steal him away from you!" May shouted.

An image of Miette suddenly pops into my mind. Ash already knew what she tried to do to me, but there's a possibility that she still hasn't given up on him.

Iris spoke, "I agree with May! You need to tell him, Serena! Don't you think so, Misty?"

We turned towards Misty, whose eyes seem to drift somewhere for some reason.