Chapter 21

(Ash's POV)

Following the events of the performance yesterday, my friends and I went to the city to spend the last day of our winter vacation.

"How's your ankle, Serena?" I asked.

"It feels much better now," Serena replied.

"You sure?" I asked again.

"Here, I'll show you~" she takes my hand.

With her graceful movements, she pulled me close and guided me to dance around our friends. Looks like she has no problem with her ankle.

"Aww, look at those lovebirds having fun together~" May teased.

"That's cute and all, but how can they dance at a time like this? It's freezing out here!" Iris complained as she snuggled Axew for warmth.

"You're wearing like five layers of jackets," Dawn stated.

"And you're as round as a Spheal with the Thick Fat ability," Misty giggled.

"Did you really have to call me round? And this isn't enough to protect me from the cold!" Iris pouted.

I hold back my laughter after imagining what Iris looked like as a Spheal. But I stopped when I sensed her sharp gaze.

"Ash!" Iris yelled.

Being Misty's roommate, I'm feared for my life to the thought of Iris pulling out a paper fan. But then I realized she was staring at my blue coat.

"You know... your coat looks very warm," Iris remarked.

"No! Don't ruin my hard work for this shipping, Iris!" May retorted.

"What are you talking about? I'm only trying to get Ash to give me his coat..."

Even though she has enough jackets to keep her warm, she clearly wants my coat. I don't wanna end up defrosting a frozen wild girl with an Ice Heal, so I removed my coat and handed it over to Iris.

"Aww~ You're so considerate about my well-being~" Iris said gleefully.

"Well, it's not a big deal since the cold doesn't bother me," I shrugged.

"That's easy for you to say, Ashy-boy. You're wearing the scarf that Serena gave you for Christmas," Gary snickered.

"And you said it was warm enough to keep you from feeling cold~ Aren't you glad to have such a thoughtful girlfriend like Serena?" Leafia teased.

"Of course I am. And I'm thankful to have her in my life," I admitted with blush forming on my cheeks. I wanted to kiss her, but...

"Ash..." Serena smiled as she gently wrapped her hand around mine.

Even without the coat and scarf, my heart is already filled with warmth and happiness that I have for Serena.

"Alright, I think we have seen enough public display of affection for today," Trip interrupted.

"We're supposed to meet up with Calem and the others, but we're wasting our time watching these two flirting with each other," Paul said bluntly.

"Yeah! Let's get a move on! We're gonna freeze our asses standing here and I— Hah... Achoo!" Barry sneezed.

"Geez, Barry! I don't wanna get sick again!" I scolded.

"So you don't want to see your girlfriend wearing the nurse outfit again, Ash?" May smirked.

"What are you..." I stopped.

Recalling the time Serena wore the nurse outfit, I immediately became embarrassed and flustered.