Chapter 13

(Ash's POV)

"I'm feeling so pumped today!" I raised my fist in the air.

"Getting excited for the Battle Dome, aren't you, Ash?" Calem chuckled.

"Yeah! I can't wait to see what the trainers are like!"

"I'm excited about this, too. But remember, we have to get approval from the captain to join the Battle Dome. Though, I'm not sure about their requirements."

"Don't worry, Calem! I'm sure we can handle those requirements and get accepted into the Battle Dome! No doubt about it!"

While we were walking, I heard a familiar voice of a wild girl shouting behind me. I turned around to see Iris and Serena. And once again, I can feel my heart pounding out of my chest when I see Serena.

"Good morning, Ash! Good morning, Calem!" Iris exclaimed.

"Good morning. It's just the two of you today?" Calem inquired.

"Well, May and Dawn went to meet with Drew and Kenny at school. They have to practice for a coordinating session for class today," Serena answered.

"And Misty has swimming practice. Like how can she swim in the morning?! It's the fall season and it's freaking freezing!" Iris complained as she crosses her arms and rubbed them for warmth.

I chuckled. "Looks like you haven't gotten over your irrational fear of Ice-types. Didn't Trip mentioned that you don't like them because it's super effective against Dragon-type Pokemon?"

"That may be true, but I also don't like the cold either!" Iris pouted.

Seeing Iris acting like a child, I couldn't help but laugh. Then I heard Serena letting out a small giggle, which made me blush from hearing her voice.

"What's the matter, Ash?" Serena asked concernedly.

"H-huh? Oh, it's nothing!" I nervously scratched my cheek.

"Okay? By the way, I heard you and Calem are going to the Battle Dome today, right?" she asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. Barry, Paul, and Max are joining, too."

"And don't forget about me!" Iris exclaimed.

"You too, Iris?" Calem questioned.

"Well, I never told you guys why I decided to come to Kizuna Academy in the first place," Iris pointed out.

When we were traveling in the Unova region, Iris revealed that she dropped out of Opelucid Academy because she was unable to make friends and she couldn't handle living the city life there. But what led to her breakdown were her losses against Dragon Master Drayden and a student with an Altaria.

However, Iris changed over the course of our journey and she decided to have a rematch with Drayden. Even though she ended up losing again, she promised to get stronger with her Pokemon and I promised that I wouldn't fall behind.

"So what made you decide to come here, Iris?" Calem asked.

"During my travels in the Johto region, I received a letter from the village elder that came along with Kizuna Academy's acceptance letter. Then I remembered that Drayden wanted me to be his successor to Opelucid City Gym," Iris explained.

"Wow! That's amazing how you were chosen to be the next Gym Leader. But wouldn't Opelucid Academy help you with studying to become one?" Serena inquired.

"Yeah, but Drayden knew that Opelucid Academy wasn't helping me, which was why he told the village elder to allow me to go on a journey. That way, I could learn at my own pace," she explained. "Though I didn't like school, I have a feeling that Kizuna Academy will be different. And that's why I decided to attend here."