Chapter 4

(Ash's POV)

"Attention, students! We have arrived to Shinrai Island, the home of the prestigious Kizuna Academy. Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you. And on behalf of Kizuna's private crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice evening!"

"Shinrai Island, huh?" Gary pondered. "It's strange that they never mentioned the island's name on the school brochure."

"Who cares about the name, Gary. We're finally here! I was getting sick of these long hour flights," Leafia said as she stretched out her arms.

"Yeah, but you had something to keep yourself entertained," I implied annoyingly as I wiped my face with a cloth.

During the flight, Leafia drew a monocle and a mustache on my face while I was sleeping. She didn't say anything until I noticed Gary laughing. Can't wait to get away from them.

Everyone gathered their belongings and descended down the stairs of the plane. Then we were surprised when there was an unexpected guest waiting for us.

"Welcome! It's good to see you all again." a familiar voice greeted us.

Throughout the world, every person knew him as the famous professor who studies the relationships between Pokemon and people. In the Kanto region, he also gives out starter Pokemon to new trainers. After all, he was the one who gave me Pikachu.

"P-Professor Oak! What are you doing here?" another familiar voice asked.

That voice came from Tracey. He's a Pokemon Watcher and works as Professor Oak's assistant. He was one of my former traveling companions from the Orange Archipelago Islands.

"Since Kizuna Academy was recently built, they were understaffed. So they hired me and other professors to act as instructors," Oak explained.

"You could've told me you were going too, Professor Oak," Tracey complained.

Oak chuckled, "Sorry Tracey, but I wanted to surprise all my wonderful trainers who had decided to attend Kizuna Academy."

"But how did you get here before us, Professor Oak?" Leafia inquired.

"Looks like it's time for a poem."

Professor Oak cleared his throat before speaking.

"Pidgeot flies at Mach speed, away like a shot," he said with a smile.

I was never good at understanding his poems. Does he mean it literally? Or is he referring to something else?

"You used Pidgeot to fly here?" I asked.

Seems to be a pretty dumb question I asked when I noticed the other students around me giving me weird looks.

Gary facepalmed. "Gramps meant fast travel, Ashy-boy. Fast travel!"

I heard you the first time, Porcupine Head. When Gary becomes a Pokemon Professor, I hope he doesn't throw some literature crap at me. No offense to Professor Oak.

"Anyways, I have been instructed by the principal to give you these."

Professor Oak handed each person a device that almost resembles a phone.

"What's this thing, Gramps?" Gary asked as he waved around his blue device.

"This is called a holo caster," Oak answered. "It is used to receive special news bulletins about events around campus. And it also acts as your cell phone for both calls and messages. Here, I'll show you what I mean."