Chapter 9

(Serena's POV)

"Finally, it's the weekend!" Iris screamed happily.

"And we got through our first week of school!" Misty added.

After school ended, I walked back to the dorms with the girls. We were mostly talking about our plans for the weekend.

"Let's go out to the city tomorrow! We haven't gotten a chance to explore since we started school," Dawn suggested.

"Yeah! Should we go? Maybe they have cute clothes and delicious food, just like in Lumiose City!" May said enthusiastically.

Then Misty spoke up, "Although, as much as I would love to go shopping with you girls, I already have a lot of homework to do."

May muttered, "Ohhh... I forgot about the homework."

"I just remembered that I have so much math and science homework," Dawn cried.

"I have an idea!" I exclaimed. "Let's finish our homework together in the dormitory study room. That way, we can enjoy the rest of our weekend."

"That's a good idea! And we can help each other out, too!" Misty agreed.

"I can help with history! I'm pretty good with understanding the historic backgrounds of each region," Iris informed.

All of the sudden, the two coordinators embraced the three of us.

"Thank you so much! You guys are the greatest friends!"

~~~~~~~~~~

(Ash's POV)

"Man, that was some good dinner!" I patted my stomach.

"Pika!" Pikachu chirped while mimicking me.

I opened the door to my room and I decided to get started on my homework. I got through most of the math problems, but I realized that some of the last problems were getting harder.

Freaking word problems. Like who would buy a Super Potion for ¥700 when you can get Fresh Water for ¥200 with the same healing amount of 50hp?

Calem went to bed early, so I can't ask him for help right now. I also thought about calling Serena, but it's already midnight. And it's considered rude to call someone during this time.

Suddenly, my holo caster rings. I just said it was rude to call someone during this time... I answered the call and it was from Gary.

"Hey Ashy-boy, are you busy tomorrow?"

"Not really. What do you need?"

"Have you been to the city on Shinrai Island yet? Barry, Clemont, Drew, Kenny, and I are planning to head over there to check it out. You wanna tag along?"

"Sure, I'll tag along as long as I'm not alone with you."

"Alrighty, we're meeting up around 11am near the arcade. See ya there!"

I hung up and looked down at my remaining math problems. I guess I can ask Calem or call Serena tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Serena's POV)

Last night, I managed to finish my homework with the girls. And the next morning, we got on the bus going to the city. It took approximately 20 minutes to get there.

"We're here!" Iris exclaimed.

"Amazing! The city looks very calm and peaceful," Misty commented.

It wasn't as grand as Lumiose City, but it was beautiful in it's own way. The principal worked really hard on contributing to Shinrai Island.

"What kind of places should we check around the city?" May asked.