Chapter 5

(Serena's POV)

Last night, I didn't get enough sleep because I spent the whole night packing my things. So I ended up falling asleep on the plane with Fennekin on my lap.

"Serena, wake up! We're finally here!" Shauna exclaimed.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked out the window. Right below us, I can see an island with a large building in the center surrounded by smaller buildings.

Then I heard the pilot making an announcement that we were about to land on Shinrai Island. That must be the name of the island where Kizuna Academy lies.

"Attention, students! We have arrived to Shinrai Island, the home of the prestigious Kizuna Academy. Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you. And on behalf of Kizuna's private crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice evening!"

"Shinrai Island? I never heard of this island on the map," Trevor said.

"I've met with Professor Sycamore yesterday and he told me that it's an undiscovered island," Calem explained. "It was only recently that it was named Shinrai Island."

This sounds strange. Why would the school even send out their brochures without giving out the island's name? Kizuna Academy is full of incoherent reasons.

"Oh, I forgot to mention that Professor Sycamore is also working as an instructor there," Calem added. "So he'll be expecting to see us when we arrive."

"That's awesome! It's been a while since we saw him," Tierno grinned. "And who knows if he ends up being our class instructor!"

I just remembered that Ash was the one who saved Professor Sycamore's Garchomp from destroying Lumiose City. Maybe he knows about Ash?

Once we had landed and deplaned, there was Professor Sycamore waiting patiently for our arrival.

"Marvelous! You have made it here safely." Sycamore gave a hearty laugh.

Professor Sycamore was well-known for his studies about Mega Evolution. He initially recruited us to help with his research on evolution, but it was mostly Calem and Trevor assisting him.

After Sycamore greeted everyone, he handed each person a device called the holo caster. He demonstrated the holo casters' functions before dismissing us to go reserve rooms. However, I stayed behind to ask him about Ash.

"Excuse me, Professor Sycamore?" I grabbed his attention.

"Hello, Serena. How may I help you? And I see that Fennekin is doing well." Sycamore petted Fennekin in my arms.

"Do you know about the boy on the news yesterday?"

"Hmm... Ah! You must be talking about Ash. And I got to say,  he's an amazing trainer who cares a lot about Pokemon and I was really grateful of him for saving Garchomp."

"Do you know where he could be right now? I heard that he'll be attending Kizuna Academy."

"If I recall correctly, Ash should've arrived yesterday. Sorry, I just arrived this morning along with the students from the Sinnoh region. But I'm sure you'll run into him eventually."

I smiled when I heard that Ash was here. I couldn't wait to see him! But I wonder if he remembers me?

"Hey Serena, shall we go get our rooms?" Shauna asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Alright, let's go Shauna!" I grabbed her arm and dragged her to the lobby.

"Whoa! No need to rush, Serena!"