Chapter 8

(Ash's POV)

Instead of my usual wake-up call from Pikachu, Calem and I immediately woke up from the alarming sounds of our holo casters. I sluggishly picked up the device on my table and I checked the message on the bright screen.

Attention, students!

I apologize for the short notice, but there will be no homeroom today. Instead, all students must proceed to the auditorium. I have a special announcement to make about our new student representatives for Kizuna Academy.

Principal Lysandre

"Student representatives? Does he mean something like the student council?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes. "I thought that they usually have the student council present at the opening ceremony, but there weren't any of them yesterday."

"The academy wasn't built too long ago, so I don't think the principal has any students to represent our school in the first place," Calem stated. "And besides, he probably handpicked the 2nd and 3rd year students here, even though they were enrolled as 1st years."

With that said, Calem stood up from his bed and stretched out his arms. "Let's get ready. I don't want to be late and get called out by the principal again."

"Hahaha... right. I don't wanna become the center of attention again."

~~~~~~~~~~

On our way to school, Calem and I heard the voices of Serena, Dawn, and May walking behind us. We turned around and stopped to let them catch up with us.

"Good morning, girls."

"Oh, good morning, Ash! And you too, Calem," Serena replied with a smile.

I cautiously looked around them. "Sooo... Misty is not here, right?"

"Nope, Misty and Iris already went ahead to the auditorium," May answered.

"What a relief... she berated me so much during gym class yesterday. But I guess we're back on good terms now."

Actually, it took me the whole class period for Misty to really forgive me. The paper fan punishment was good enough for me, so she decided to forgive me. Geez, and I thought she mellowed down from her old personality.

"And guess what? It looks like you guys won't be late this time," Dawn teased.

"Well, we did promised the principal that we wouldn't be late again," Calem said. "And I didn't want to disappoint him since he is respected by the people in the Kalos region."

I raised my eyebrow. "Is Principal Lysandre famous around here?"

"Yes, he is the owner of Lysandre Labs, the company that created the holo caster," Calem explained. "And now that he's the principal of the renowned Kizuna Academy, he became one of the highly regarded socialites in Kalos."

"Now I feel like I disrespected him by showing up late yesterday. I mean, he did put me on the spot in front of everyone," I sighed.

Serena giggled. "But the principal did forgive you afterwards. And I'd say that it was an honor that he gave you recognition for becoming the Lumiose City hero."

"Haha, you think?" I scratched the back of my head.

"Yes, and well, I do admire that selfless side of you, Ash," she winked and smiled.

"Thanks, Serena." I could feel my face turning red from her comment.

~~~~~~~~~~

In the auditorium, we managed to find some seats and the principal appeared on the stage and spoke into the microphone.