Chapter 10

(Serena's POV)

It was Sunday noon. I was getting ready to go to the library to meet with Ash. I started to shuffle my things around in my handbag until I felt something soft brush against my fingers. I reached and pulled out the small blue handkerchief.

Ash's handkerchief... I was going to give this back to him at some point.

I hold the handkerchief close to my chest and I reminisced the memory of meeting him.

If I returned this to him, will he remember me from Oak's Summer Camp?

I heard the door open and I quickly tucked the handkerchief back into my handbag. Dawn walked into the room with her Piplup and Buneary.

"Look Serena! I just finished sketching my latest clothing designs!" Dawn exclaimed as she handed me her sketches.

"Wow! They look amazing, Dawn!" I complimented while skimming through her sketches. "Maybe I should have you design clothes for my Fennekin and Pancham."

"Thanks, Serena! First, I want to get the others' opinions before I submit these designs to Paris. But I'm sure she will love them!"

During her spare time, Dawn makes design sketches for a famous Pokemon Stylist named Paris from the Sinnoh region. She and Buneary used to have a small modeling career for Paris's Poke Chic magazine before she resumed her journey to become Top Coordinator. But she still occasionally sends her design sketches to Paris.

"By the way, I'm having a training session with May this afternoon, so we can prepare ourselves for the coordinator club. Do you want to come join us? You can invite Shauna to practice for the performer club, too."

"Oh, I almost forgot that club sign-ups start this week. Thanks for the offer, but I already made plans. I'm going to the school library to help Ash with his math homework."

Dawn gave me a sly grin. "Oho~ If I remember correctly, weren't you alone with him yesterday? You haven't told me what happened between you and Ash. Come on, you can tell me."

I suddenly recalled that Ash pulled me into the dressing room with him. I used my hair to hide the blush forming on my cheeks.

Dawn pointed out my habit. "OH! You're totally hiding your blush with your hair! Then something did happen! Did he make a move on you?"

I shook my head and grabbed my handbag. "N-no! Nothing happened between me and Ash. A-anyways, it's already time for me to leave and I don't want to keep him waiting."

"Alright. Have fun with your study date with Ash," Dawn teased.

I rolled my eyes and leave the room.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Ash's POV)

Since it was the weekend, the library was empty. I found a table near the windows and sat down. I could have invited Serena to come over to the study room at my dorm, but I think she might be uncomfortable for being in the boy's dormitory. And in my case, I don't want to go to the girl's dormitory to use their study room because I would probably get my ass kicked by Misty with her paper fan again.

"Hmm... Serena should be here soon."

While I waited for Serena, I started to remember about what happened at the boutique yesterday. Like when I instinctively pulled Serena in the dressing room with me. It's not like I have some ulterior motive, but I just wanted her to be there by my side.

It's a weird feeling. But whenever I get caught up in a troubling situation, Serena just makes me feel at ease. Just like how I felt relieved when she appeared after Miette called me out behind the gym. I have never felt this way before, and now she has been on my mind recently.