Prologue

Not too long ago, I returned to Pallet Town after traveling and competing in the Unova Region. I made it to the Top 8 in the Vertress Conference. Though it is not as good as being Top 4 in Lily of the Valley Conference, it is not as bad as being Top 16 in the Indigo Conference. However, I still have a long way to go before I decide to challenge all the leagues again and defeat their champions.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to introduce myself. My name is Ash Ketchum. I'm 16 years old and my goal is to become a Pokemon Master.

At home, my partner Pikachu and I started to pack our things to get ready for our next adventure. I remember that a news reporter named Alexa that I met in the Unova region suggested that I should go to the Kalos region. She told me that there are much more challenging gyms and the Kalos League is really competitive.

"Alright! We're all set! Let's head down for breakfast and then to the Kalos region, Pikachu!" I excitedly told Pikachu.

"Pikachu!" he replied enthusiastically.

Before I grabbed the doorknob, it suddenly opened and the door smashed into me and Pikachu. And then I recognize a very familiar voice that always chimes at home.

"Honey! It's time for break— Huh?" That was the voice of my mom, Delia. "Ash, where did you run off to?"

She walked into my room and looked around for me.

"Mom," I said as I surprised her when I pushed my door away. "You should knock next time. Otherwise, I'll end up with a broken nose."

Pikachu and I were holding onto our noses that were red from the door slam.

"Oh, I'm sorry Ash! Let me kiss your pain away."

"Oh no no no! It's fine, Mom! I'm all better already! Let's go eat breakfast!"

I rushed downstairs with Pikachu and saw the table full of delicious food.

Man, it's been a long time since I had mom's food. She really is a good cook. I sat down and then my mom joined me.

While we were eating, I told my mom about my plans to go to the Kalos region and taking my challenge at the next league.

"Really? I've heard that region has a variety of unique Pokemon. In fact, I would've love to go there because there are a lot of cute shops and boutiques that have a fancy taste to them," my mom explained.

"Well then, I'll make sure to send home souvenirs," I said.

"That's really nice of you, Ash. But do you really have to leave today? You just got home yesterday."

"I wanna head to Kalos as soon as possible. I want to make sure that I keep my training up-to-date."

I finished breakfast and Pikachu had his fill of Pokemon food too. I was about to leave when Mr. Mime came home and he was holding a letter.

"What do you got there, Mr. Mime?" I asked.

Mr. Mime handed me the letter, and it was a letter addressed to me.

"It doesn't have the name of the sender," I remarked.

I opened the letter and read the contents.

"Hmm? What's the letter about Ash?" my mom asked.

"It's an acceptance letter to Kizuna Academy," I responded. "Weird. I never heard of this school before nor did I even applied to attend a school since I'm busy with traveling."

"I think I remember Professor Oak mentioned that an academy was built recently on an island. I've heard that it's very prestigious and hard to get into as well."

"Really?" I read the letter and at first, I wasn't sure if I wanna go to this academy because I already got my mind set on a goal of being a Pokemon Master, but... I looked at what was written in italics.

"I think... I'll attend this academy," I said.

My mom and Pikachu were surprised at my sudden decision to go to this school.

"Oh really? You'll be putting aside your plans of going to the Kalos region and getting into the Kalos League," my mom said.

"Actually, Kizuna Academy is in the Kalos region. Well technically, on an island far from Kalos," I corrected myself as I showed my mom the academy's brochure and a plane ticket to Kalos that came with the letter.

"They'll be providing me all the living expenses and cover my tuition for attending. So I don't have to worry about paying for everything!"

"I see, but then you won't be able to have time to challenge the gyms since you'll be staying there," she said. "It also seems that you can't go in-and-out freely of the academy since it acts much like a private school. Are you sure you want to go, honey?"

"It'll be alright, Mom," I reassured her with a thumbs up. "After all, it's been a long time since I went to school. I might as well gather more knowledge and training from the academy."

I thanked her for the meal and ran back upstairs to my room with Pikachu.

Just leaving with only my backpack won't be enough if I'm gonna be living at the school. I opened up my suitcase and started throwing in clothes and other necessities.

Even though, Mom manages to fit everything I need inside my backpack when I'm off on a journey. How does she do it? I will never know.

"Pika?" Pikachu stood next to me with a confused look on his face.

"Change of plans, Pikachu," I said as I forced my suitcase to close. "We're going to Kizuna Academy!"

As I finally got my suitcase to close, he started asking why I suddenly wanted to go when I REALLY did want to tackle the Kalos League.

"It's okay, Pal. I promise you that going to this academy will be lots of fun. We'll probably meet a lot of new friends and maybe catch some new Pokemon as well!"

Pikachu shook off his worries after seeing me look so excited of going to this academy. But I can't really explain to him or Mom about why I decided to go...

As much as I didn't really plan to go to Kizuna Academy, I was really bothered by what was written for me in that letter.

Is that person really there? Is he planning to do something at this newly-built academy? What will I do once I see him?

I already have a lot questions about this person and the only way to find out is to attend the academy and investigate about his whereabouts.